ANKARA AFFAIR

by - 6:48:00 pm

I trust everyone is doing well. I was so excited when I was invited to a Nigerian wedding this weekend, seeing as I have not been to a wedding for over 5 years. I don't know about you but immediately I make plans to go somewhere, I think of what to wear and how I'm going to blog it. Initially, I couldn't figure out what to wear. I would have gone shopping, for proper wedding attire like maybe a pastel colored dress. However, I am on a no-shopping challenge and am not very rich at the moment, hence, I had to work with what I had.

 So I finally decided to wear my ankara skirt which I styled last year HERE. I think this outfit is very appropriate for a Nigerian wedding. So when in doubt just wear ankara when going to a Nigerian affair. Being a typical African I was running late so I had to quickly take pictures, no time to change and adjust locations so I do apologize for the picture quality. However, when I got to the wedding we waited for an hour before starting (shaking my head) I could have spent more time taking pictures. Overall the wedding was fun, congratulations to the newlyweds, long life, love and posterity to you.







Skirt: Custom made / Top: Thrift-ed / Clutch: Thrift-ed / Shoes: Forever 21(Alternative)
/ Belt: Workshop(Alternative)


I got my ankara skirt tailored when I went back to Nigeria last year but you can check out etsy.com for custom made ankara skirts.
Till next time guys.

You May Also Like

44 comments

  1. cute skirt!!
    http://fashionattitudebyraych.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is very pretty, I like the way you styled it with a white top and the gold belt!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chic!. Love the look.
    www.damiesdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look stunning. Love the look, the skirt is beautiful.
    Xoxo
    http://ranti-in-review.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, props to my aunt for sewing it

      Delete
  5. Hahaha I definitely do that too...whenever I go out I think of what I'm gonna wear and how ill blog it too lol Cute look!

    PoshNPetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol confessions of a blogger, thank you

      Delete
  6. You look amazing! Love the skirt and the belts!

    Check out my blog! http://www.itsmeines.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, i wish i knew how to sew for real have so many ideas
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm even thinking of buying a sewing machine and learning on my own.

      http://www.carlaviolet.com/

      Delete
  8. Love your skirt

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the whole outfit. I want a skirt like that as well. I'm on a budget to, so no new clothes for me either :(.

    http://www.kreyolasjourneys.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This skirt is really great, the whole combination is amazing!

    Joanna from theplussizeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww I love your top bun! Everything came together so well!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your skirt. Am invited to a Zambian bridal shower so hopefully I have something similar made for me. Take care.

    www.moilesedi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ankara skirts are perfect for any African occasion. It all depends on how its styled.

      Delete
  13. I sure love the way you packed your braids, Did something similar on my blog. Nice print on your skirt. :-)
    myveryownpen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it took me so many attempts to get that.

      Delete
  14. Amazing look!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?! Let me know!

    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous..love the braids and the pattern on that ankara is elegant...x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the look
    ankara skirt is fab!

    http://www.kibuasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look great.
    what a nice skirt
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look lovely! xx

    Bids
    www.bidsingraceland.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to see this skirt with the burgundy lace top.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So I love the different ways you have styled this skirt in various posts. I'm going to sort out/tidy/arrange my cupboard and style an ankara skirt in a similar way. Either with a white vest top and scarf, black top and bowtie or the way it's styled in this post. Please do the bowtie tutorial soon!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    http://tukesquest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete