THE ANKARA PEPLUM


You might recognize this fabric from another post here. While vacationing in Nigeria last year, my aunt made me this peplum top among other pieces. I simply styled it with my black jeans, and sandals. Finally I opted for gold accents and a bun for the finishing touch.

I had an amazing Sunday, the sermon was on point and I had an awesome time eating and catching up with friends. Just a tidbit of the sermon, often times we are tempted to compromise our beliefs based on our surroundings or simply trying to fit in. As Christians were supposed to stand out and not fit in. . Our actions on daily basis is how we spread our testimony of Jesus.


Top: Custom-made // Pants: H&M // Shoes: Zara // Necklace: Forever 21 // Belt: Workshop 

Let us learn to be different by being Christ-like in the way we walk, talk, dress, act because that’s how we impact people.
Have a blessed week!

25 comments:

  1. love that top
    you look beautiful

    http://www.ann-u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!!! I love anything Ankara base and the Peplum just look so divine on you.

    Kreyola Jounerys

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely look good in prints like this one! Looking fabulous <3

    http://www.vonvogue.com/
    New Post: Dear Sweater
    xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE the print! Beautiful!

    ~Tab
    humblebeauty29.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super love that top! You look great!

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you look amazing and your skin looks really healthy! I love the outfit and it's colours. Good job ^^

    Hugs, VIOLETTE, fashion tips by aderomania♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. NICE
    I LOVE THE 6TH PICTURE
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2014/08/my-serenity.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right beautiful! Our actions daily is truly how we show we are Christians---love that and love this outfit. That top is so cue and fits you perfectly and paired with the jeans and sandals---BEAUTIFUL!
    www.yvonnesloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look amazing. i love that top with the belt detail.
    - fantastic blog you have, i'm now following you on bloglovin :)

    //N.K.L
    www.nkl-fashion.dk

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love, nice and simply...x
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how this is styled

    BLEURGH - http://www.bleurghnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful and cute
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is exactly how I like Ankara styled. Mixing traditional African with contemporary. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! Love my African fabrics. :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember the very first time I visited your blog and this was the first post I saw,about an ankara outfit. That seems like forever ago now. This outfit is equally stunning.
    ironyoflhurve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. wowww you look amazing!! love your top with this belt!
    Visit my blog: Tu Nuevo Look
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love this top on you. It looks amazing! She did a good job making it for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so so cute! The belt is a very nice touch and the outfit sits so nicely on you. Love it.

    x TFLA: www.thisfashionloveaffair.com x

    ReplyDelete