DRESS TO IMPRESS

by - 8:16:00 pm








I am one of those people who believes that "its better to be overdressed than under-dressed". You'd think I had a job or I was going somewhere important if you saw me these days. I have even been wearing heels all the time, well it does help that there is a car. Fingers-crossed, hopefully I get one soon, I need to learn how to drive though.

This jacket was the last thing I saw on my way to the checkout at the thrift store and I picked it up immediately. I was initially going to remove the buttons but then decided that I like it just as it is. For a dressy look I paired it with my navy blue high-waist pants and then went with minimal accessories to finish the look.

Pants,Jacket: Thrift Store // Top: Maxteen // Shoes: Bershka // Necklace: Foroever 21 // 

I have to admit, Nigeria is starting to grow on me. I pretty much spent half of my life outside Nigeria( Israel and Thailand) so I'm discovering new places and things about Abuja everyday, its a learning process. So far so good.



You May Also Like

22 comments

  1. Unique jacket! I think I like the buttons too. It adds character to the jacket.

    I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Nigeria. I haven't been back in about 10 years. I'm looking forward to visiting soon. Have fun!

    ~Chinelo~
    www.mystyleoasis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that jacket! Vintage right? You can just tell. I wish you were in Lagos though but I'm glad to hear you're having a good time

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jacket is so pretty! Love the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that jacket dou, definitely makes a statement. i love the whole combination, cant wait to hear about your Nigerian experience i cant wait to go back myself.
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i love the button details in the jacket, omg!!! you are in Nigeria , I would love to hook up with you before you leave. Do you mind?
    www.yettybakbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that jacket. It's really beautiful with the scalloped hem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make high waisted pants look so amazing. I need more high waisted pants! :D

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember that jacket, wow! It's so looking good on you. I am glad you didn't remove the buttons. Who's taking your pictures there? Looking good

    ReplyDelete
  9. que guapa y elegante estas me gusta mucho el look.Un besazo
    www.thedesire.es

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this blazer.
    i saw your comments on mide's blog about the skirt being too pricey..i felt the same exact way so i passed and bought only the multi coloured fitted skirt.x
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stylish and classy look! I love it! You have amazing sense of style! Adorable post and lovely photos!
    Have a nice day!
    xx cvetybaby.com
    Bloglovin
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mas guapa imposible!
    Maravillosa chaqueta y con el pantalón de talle alto queda perfecta.
    Bonita combinación.
    Besos mil.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those pants are everything....

    http://becauseitsvida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting and unique blazer. - something vintage about it. Elegant and glad to hear you're getting into the 9ja mood. Ha!

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love the outfit, the blazer is so cool.
    This is so office chic
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That jacket is giving me too much life!!! You always look Fab.
    www.officialfantasy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. looking so classy. loving those high waisted pants!

    www.formemag.com
    www.kkathlenn.blogspot.ca
    @formemageditor

    ReplyDelete
  19. yes maam u betta werk!!
    http://www.islandchic77.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very chic! I'm glad you didn't remove the buttons... :)
    Wdwife | http://www.hypnozglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the corporate look. Gives a sense of power and respect. Thanks for sharing and Happy Hump Day!

    Eye See Euphoria : http://eyeseeeuphoria.com/post/unrivaled-creations

    ReplyDelete