TO COLOUR RIOT OR BLOCK?

colour blocking, pink high-waist trousers, pants, blue pumps

colour blocking, pink high-waist trousers, pants, blue pumps

colour blocking, pink high-waist trousers, pants, blue pumps

colour blocking, pink high-waist trousers, pants, blue pumps, oversized clutch, zalora Thailand, nude purse

colour blocking, pink high-waist trousers, pants, blue pumps, oversized clutch, zalora Thailand, nude purse


colour blocking, pink high-waist trousers, pants, blue pumps, oversized clutch, zalora Thailand, nude purse, Yvonne Nelson, Ghanaian actress
Photography by me

Growing up, I was told to never mix contrasting colours, for example colours like red and blue paired together were a big no-no. I always matched my shoes to my purse or dress to avoid colour riot as my family calls mismatched colours. Now fast forward to 2012, wearing multiple colours became a trend. Being a fashion enthusiast, I embraced this trend and have been rocking it since. Sure it has died down a bit but this is a trend I will never stop rocking because colours just makes everything better. 

Whenever I am feeling uninspired, I search for new blogs or stalk some of my favourite celebrities and this outfit was actually inspired by Yvonne Nelson, the Ghanaian actress and model.

Pants: Thrift Store (Here) // Top: Thrift Store (Similar) // Heels: New Look (Alternative) // Purse: Zalora Thailand

Thoughts?
Link up at Mixmatchfashion
Lisaalamode

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit dear!
    www.dimplekhadi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors..:-)

    www.emillymoraa.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the hair do and those pants

    http://www.ann-u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pants I Loveeeee....Yvonne is a singer too??? never knew...anywaiz lovely outfit
    Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, love the whole look, colour blocking has been my thing since uni days and I dont think I want to stop the trend soon, I love the whole vibe of dressing to form secondary colours. lol. you look good anyways, keep doing fashion dear.
    xoxo
    Belle baks
    www.yettybakbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely look! those pants fit you so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me gusta mucho la combinación de colores es genial.Un besazo
    www.thedesire.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice color combo!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning juxtaposition! Wow! <333

    – Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these colors and you look fantastic in this outfit!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope this trend never ends, because those color combos are just perfect and I love it!

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just got pink pants like that from Zara - Love how you styled them!!

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colour-blocking!! I really love the pants.

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing outfit, love you pants<3

    fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a fab look! I can totally see myself rocking it! You look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete