INSPIRATION: AFRICAN HEADWRAPS

by - 11:21:00 am

I love head-wraps! They offer the perfect pop of print and colour to basic outfits. Not to mention I feel more African when I rock them lol, guess you could say I'm paying homage to my roots. Anyways, today I'm sharing some of my pins from Pinterest to inspire you. 

I do not claim ownership of any of these images.

african print, head-wraps, head-tie, ankara

african print, head-wraps, head-tie, ankara
african print, head-wraps, head-tie, ankara
african print, head-wraps, head-tie, ankara

african print, head-wraps, head-tie, ankara

african print, head-wraps, head-tie, ankara

african print, head-wraps, head-tie, ankara

african print, head-wraps, head-tie, ankara, tutorials

Of course I couldn't leave you without tutorials on how to achieve some of these looks. So check out Fanmdjanm for some Amazing tutorials. I made a head-wrap tutorial here and you can see how I rocked head-wraps in the past herehere and here.

I'm thinking of creating a video tutorial, let's see how that goes.Till next time!

You May Also Like

14 comments

  1. Am blown away by these head-wraps, especially the 5th one. If only I could pull off one without being a total joke. I did do a turban look once though..can't seem to do it again. For that reason, am headed to her page right after this...I need all the tutoring I can get.
    Great work with your Ankara head-wrap on the linked posts.

    http://pearlsprettyskin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Linet, the fifth one is one of my favourites as well. You can definitely pull it off, your picture is proof of that. I hope her tutorials help out, I also have a turban tutorial on the blog so check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question:
    I wear a head wrap every day (I'm not African). And I have my reasons for why I do it. But I was curious as to the reason why African women wear head wraps. I've asked folks before and never received a satisfactory answer. If it's a tradition, what is the reason behind the tradition.

    Thanks for any information you can pass along to shed light on this for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. these images are so beautiful and inspiring thanks for sharing!
    http://fashionillustrationsbymc.altervista.org/

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful blog dear!!!now i follow you,i hope you follow me back!!!kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Penelope, I've never really thought of that and to be honest I really don't know. Though maybe it's just a fashion statement, now I'm curious.
    @Fashionillustrationsbymc @Carolina Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this is a wonderful fashion statement
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. prints are just stunning ..lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey babe, how are you?
    Lovely post though, following you..
    I've only just started blogging.
    Visit me whenever you have time;

    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    Anyway have a good day!
    Kisses xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm inspired!! Wow. I've been thinking about headwraps and now after this I need to try them out for sure.

    xx Cara @ www.xocara.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is few some fabulous African head tie. it is the beauty of African Print.
    Fabrics Usa Inc

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nigeria Customs Service 2016/2017 Recruitment FORM is out
    and Application is Ongoing Contact:08064294919 to
    purchase your Form – suitably & qualified persons are
    invited for full time appointments to the following positions
    in the Nigeria Customs Service.
    The minimum qualifications for interested applicants are
    SSCE/NECO/GCE/NCE/ND / HND/BSC/ Applicants applying as
    man (SUPERINTENDENT CADRE) and women
    (SUPERINTENDENT CADRE) must be between 18 and 35 years
    of age by SEPTEMBER 29TH 2016 and must possess SSCE/NECO/
    GCE/ND/HND/BSC. or any relevant certificates from
    reputable and approved government institutions/
    organisations.
    Male applicants must not be less than1 .68 metres tall while
    female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres tall.
    =Method of Application for the 2016 Nigeria Customs Service
    Recruitment.

    ReplyDelete