LIFE IN THAILAND

by - 9:42:00 am

Thailand, Bangkok, travel destination, Thai food, transportation, shopping, street markets
Ramkamheang Road 

Today I'm coming to you with something different.
I was looking back at old pictures and realized that I have never really talked about my time in Thailand which is unfortunate because I basically grew up there. Due to my dad's work we move around a lot which is how I ended up in Bangkok,Thailand. I spent six years of my life there, did high-school, university and my first job while I was there. Most of you know that I have moved back home to Abuja, Nigeria already. Although I'm currently spending time In Malabo, Equatorial Guinea as I mentioned here. I thought I'd share a couple shots of Bangkok, to give you guys a feel of what it's like. I hope you enjoy it.

THAI FOOD

There is an overabundance of food everywhere at all times of the day and night. Prices are cheap as  about 60 baht, $2 (400 Naira) can cover a meal.
Khao Pad Gai (Thai Fried Rice), one of my favorite dishes.

Bangkok, Thailand, travel Isaan Food Som Tam (Papaya Salad), Khao Man Gai (Barbecued Chicken and Rice), Tom Seap Talay (Sour Seafood Soup)
 Isaan Food
Som Tam (Papaya Salad), Khao Man Gai (Barbecued Chicken and Rice), Tom Seap Talay (Sour Seafood Soup)

Thai dessert, travel, Bangkok, Thailand
 Sagoo (Tapioca balls) in coconut milk

Thai Dessert, Travel, Bangkok, Thailand, food
Thai Dessert (never learnt the name but it was one of my favorites)

Travel, Thailand, Thai food, Bangkok Thailand
Thai Beed Noodles 

Travel, Thailand, Thai food, Bangkok Thailand, Street Side
Preparation of Pad Thai (Fried Noodles)

SHOPPING (MALLS/STREET MARKETS)

Shopping in Thailand is amazing, prices are very affordable and did I mention  that most Thai people are super friendly. There is also an excess of malls offering both local and international brands. While they have local street markets which I usually shop in. I noticed that a lot of Choies clothing are sold there as well.

Thailand, Bangkok, travel destination, Thai food, transportation, shopping, street markets
 Terminal 21 Asoke
Rajamangala Staduim Street Market (one of my blog picture locations)

Thailand, Bangkok, travel destination, Thai food, transportation, shopping, street markets
Thailand, Bangkok, travel destination, Thai food, transportation, shopping, street markets
Vintage Market

Thailand, Bangkok, travel destination, Thai food, transportation, shopping, street markets 
Enjoying  Cha Yen (thai tea) on the streets after a day at Immigration.

Thailand, Bangkok, travel destination, Thai food, transportation, shopping, street markets
Where I get my earrings and shades.

TRANSPORTATION

The transportation system in Thailand makes life so easy, although the traffic is frustrating. There are buses, trains, motorbikes, ferries, taxi's, so much variety.

Thailand, Bangkok, travel destination, Thai food, transportation, shopping, street markets
 Chong Nonsi

Thailand, Bangkok, travel destination, Thai food, transportation, shopping, street markets
 The Bus Terminal System (BTS)

Thailand, Bangkok, travel destination, Thai food, transportation, shopping, street markets
 Inside the BTS

Thailand, Bangkok, travel destination, Thai food, transportation, shopping, street markets
 Public Buses for as cheap as 7 baht, $3 (40 Niara)

Thailand, Bangkok, travel destination, Thai food, transportation, shopping, street markets
Tuk Tuk's 

CHURCH

Thailand is predominantly Buddhist but there are churches. I miss my church and of course the awesome friends I made there.

Thailand, Bangkok, travel destination, Thai food, transportation, shopping, street markets
International Christian Assembly (ICA), New Phetchuburi 

I definitely have a lot more pictures to share but this will do for now. I didn't get to travel as much as I would have liked but being on a student budget didn't allow that. I do plan on and visiting one of these days.

By the way, I will definitely be doing a post on my transition from Thailand to Nigeria when I get back, stay tuned!

You May Also Like

11 comments

  1. I was in Thailand last year and it was perfection! Amazing vacation outfits - the coral dress is beautiful! :)

    - Che

    www.style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for ya...Looks like you travel a lot & Thailand looks like so much fun.. https://deffinatlyshaz.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pics , now i wish i was in thailand
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thailand looks like a great place to visit! That food looks absolutely delicious!

    Stopping by from the Passion 4 Fashion link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thailand has always been on my list of countries I have to visit! Thanks for sharing this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thailand is a great place to visit, I appreciate all the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you share this. Thailand is on my list of place to visit two years from now and I honestly can't wait. Looking forward to reading about your transition post.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. This place is looks so amazing, I hope to visit Bangkok one day and enjoy the shopping and you will be the right person to give advice on the trip. Thanks for sharing xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kreyola you'll love it.
    @Bernadette definitely Lol, I'd be Happy to help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so beautiful from the picture. I love the picture of you drinking the Thai tea. Thai iced tea is one of my favorites and I could only imagine how great it would be to be drinking it in Thailand. LOL I also wonder if it taste the same or is the version we have in the US more Americanized. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete