MONOCHROME SERIES: LOOK 1

by - 6:16:00 pm

Monchrome, black and white, classic, white pumps, black bag, black blazer, wardrobe basics, essentials

Monchrome, black and white, classic, white pumps, black bag, black blazer, wardrobe basics, essentials

Monchrome, black and white, classic, white pumps, black bag, black blazer, wardrobe basics, essentials

Monchrome, black and white, classic, white pumps, black bag, black blazer, wardrobe basics, essentials

Monchrome, black and white, classic, white pumps, black bag, black blazer, wardrobe basics, essentials

Phoyography by Ruth Audu

Black and white is one of those combinations that never fails. For the next few posts I will be showing the various ways I like to rock this classic combination. This first look is a smart casual look consisting of wardrobe essentials like the white shirt, black blazer, black trousers and bag. I wore this to to get some passport pictures taken and my siblings kept saying I was going for an interview. I guess this would work for an interview, though less fitted pants would be more appropriate. Looking back this look is quite similar to this outfit here, I just switched up some accessories and there you go a new look. So you see, you don't really need to have tons of clothes, these past few months have taught me that since most of my clothes and shoes are around the world lol (Thailand and Nigeria).

Shirt: Vintage || Blazer: Thirft Store || Pants: H&M || Shoes: Bershka || Bag: Zalora Thailand
Click on the bold-faced words for links to similar items

Would you rock this to a job interview?
Link up at Passion for Fashion

You May Also Like

30 comments

  1. Love this look, simply beautiful.
    Resiliently-me.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could totally rock this for a job interview but it would depend on the company. Since you do have the blazer and white button up that are a little loose fitting you could get away with the pants. However if someone were interviewing for the company I work for then I definitely agree that a less fitted pant would be ideal. Regardless you look lovely and I love how tailored and sophisticated this look is. You look fabulous!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is pure perfection of elegance! Gorgeous blazer and shoes!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Resiliently -me thank you
    @Monica, I definitely agree. For job interviews it's best to keep is ass conservative as possible
    @Jointyicroissanty thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look ready to take on the world. This is fantastic!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monochrome is indeed a timeless look. Classy Sarah!

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look who we have here! Lol
    Looking so cute girl. Haven't been here for a couple of weeks but the blog looks different and I like it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anna Martin @Missy May thank you
    @Brenda, Thanks Lol, it's been like this for a while though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how you pulled it off and yes for an interview a less fitted pants will work fine.
    www.mstomie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These kinds of simple looks are usually my favourites,so simple,so chic,so classy.Looking good
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the simplicity.
    That normcore look is so cool.
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. this simple look is so well put together,

    www.wanjiruwangethe.me.ke

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the look. Boss lady kind of look
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute look!!! I love black and white together! Funny enough it is one of my favorite color combinations. I think is classic but chic and can also be dramatic. What is not to love. LOL ... Can wait to see you other looks! Also love your first pose. I feel like I do the same posing over and over and it get boring. Love that you are do new and different kind of poses

    Melissa
    Mahogany Closet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!!! You look great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this outfit! Simple but stunning. Found your blog through Rachel The Hat. I'm hosting a link up this week. Stop by if you get a chance :)

    www.sydneyfashionhunter.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my everyday spring/summer look and of course with ballerinas..Blazers really work good with vacuum pants
    love your look
    Have lovely Saturday
    Http://www.fashiongalorelovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is an amazing outfit! so professional yet stylish - especially the fitted blazer and the necklace :) it's gorgeous girl x

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful and classy...
    http://oluwaskinny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

  20. Love this

    http://stylediariesbywh.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  21. hot!!!!!
    http://islandchic77.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a classy look! Not only do you have the classic black and white color scheme, you have a black blazer which just makes any outfit better and pointed pumps. You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Monochrome is such a classic look. This is a great formal and classy outfit. So nice!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. i really just love this look, i tend to be semi formal when i go for interview maybe its because of my profession though.
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was scanning the caption for where you bought your Givenchy replica bag and when I spotted Thailand, I believe my heart broke (audibly as well)...whyyyyyyyy?!?!?
    I need that bag in my life!!

    BLEURGH - http://www.bleurghnow.com
    (Book Giveaway still open)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Babe so classy and simple

    gafashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Onyxsta Lol, I had no idea it was a Givenchy inspired bag though but that is so classic of thai people. There is an alternative link though
    @Grace thanks dear

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely outfit.please check out my blog
    http://hauteandcomely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete