MONOCHROME SERIES: LOOK 2

by - 11:53:00 am


monochrome, black and white, white pumps, classic, dress to work , playing with layers, how to look smaller

monochrome, black and white, white pumps, classic, dress to work , playing with layers, how to look smaller


white,pumps, court shoes, closet staple
monochrome, black and white, white pumps, classic, dress to work , playing with layers, how to look smaller


monochrome, black and white, white pumps, classic, dress to work , playing with layers, how to look smaller

monochrome, black and white, white pumps, classic, dress to work , playing with layers, how to look smaller
Photography by Ruth Audu

This morning I received the best news I've received in a while (if you could see the smile on my face as I type this). Nothing motivates me to keep on praying than seeing my prayers answered, keep praying guys "James 5:16 " really works.

Now onto to today's outfit. Let's face it, as classic as monochrome is, it can be a bit boring at times. So today, I decided to play with layers by paring my flared skirt and peplum top (which is actually worn backwards) together. Adding volume to an outfit can give off the appearance of being smaller and make an outfit more interesting. To tie this look together I opted for my white pumps which are such a closet staple ( sorry for neglecting you shoes). 

Skirt: Vintage || Top: Cotton On || Shoes: Bershka || Belt: Cotton On 

I felt so lady-like in this outfit and my mom complimented me, do you agree with her?

Link up at Becauseshannasaidso

You May Also Like

37 comments

  1. Very chic and classy.

    Www.damiesdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peplum top and trumpet skirt have never looked this pretty and I 100% agree with your mum its so lady like xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah these are happy pictures 😄... Love the monochrome look.
    https://deffinatlyshaz.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL i actually suspected that you wore it backwards... looking good.
    www.mstomie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love monochrome even if it is a bit boring because of how much it can vary! It think it could look great and you look great!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Sarah...the belt just ties the whole look together

    Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The peplum on Peplum look is very Elegant and you met it so well gal
    love it

    Http://www.fashiongalorelovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never really though of the double peplum look, i had to click on it.it flatters both areas in a really good way. How can you not testify what the lord has done? We're listening! :P

    XX
    www.thecocopolitan.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit, very classy and beautiful!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look, black and white never fails

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice skirt!
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Damie @Ellabella @Bernadette @Sharon thank you
    @MsTomie Lol you know me well.
    @Bash Harry, monochrome will always be classic, thank you.
    @En_kay @Wenluditoh @Dominique thank you
    @The Cocopolitan, Yes girl, help me praise him O.
    @Diane @Mide @Dimple Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the look, I invite you to visit my blog, if you like we can follow gfc ,kiss !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. me gusta mucho la falda es preciosa.Un besazo
    http://www.thedesire.es/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a beautiful outfit, xx

    http://thatzedgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look amazing!! I love the "peplum" on both the top and the skirt - they go so well together! Gorgeous!

    www.tailoredandtrue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely mix n match of color.
    You look amazing
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, you are such a stunner! Loving this ensemble on you! So perfect for spring!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the shoes :)

    http://www.wanjiruwangethe.me.ke

    ReplyDelete
  20. Double prelim yes!! You look Beautiful
    www.officialfantasy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yup! Your mum is right Lovley look
    Fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love love love the pairing of the flared skirt and peplum top,looking great
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this look. The skirt is so cute and I love how you paired it with the top.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look fantastic!! Great combinations white and black!! Love your skirt:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You loo great in black in white. So elegant and classy! Loving how you paired all of these pieces as well.

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. you look so fab, and chic I love when monochrome can come alive

    gafashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love these proportions on you, total perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing Look top top top
    http://www.francescagori.com/en_US/premiere-danse/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing Look top top top
    http://www.francescagori.com/en_US/premiere-danse/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really like this look!
    http://fashionillustrationsbymc.altervista.org/

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the flared peplum with the flared skirt. Beautiful!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful!!! I love this look XO
    #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/03/linkupwithlisa-think-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love peplum tops. You look fabulous wearing that Asos peplum top andd off white frill hem skirt.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you all for the lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete