MONOCHROME SERIES: LOOK 4

monochrome, black and white, lace-up booties, date night, true self confidence

monochrome, black and white, lace-up booties, date night, true self confidence

monochrome, black and white, lace-up booties, date night, true self confidence

monochrome, black and white, lace-up booties, date night, true self confidence

monochrome, black and white, lace-up booties, date night, true self confidence

monochrome, black and white, lace-up booties, date night, true self confidence

monochrome, black and white, lace-up booties, date night, true self confidence
Photography by Ruth Audu

Looking at these picture I can't help but smile. There was a time in my life when my clothes used to fit me differently, lol I could not even take a picture wearing this skirt without pushing my hips to the side to emphasize my curves (here). Sure I have gained a couple pounds and have gone up a size but my self-confidence still remains. Which brings me to my next point 
"true self-confidence comes from within, it should not be based on what others think or the way you look but in the way you feel about yourself".
(Galatians 2:20)

This is the last outfit of the monochrome series, it was fun but I'm looking forward to rocking colours again. If there one thing to take away from this it's the importance of wardrobe basics (post coming up). Now, for this outfit I paired my favorite pencil skirt with a basic white T-shirt. I then added a statement belt, a pop of colour and my lace-up booties for that extra edge (as seen here, here and here). I would rock this to a date night, depending on the guy though.

Skirt: F&F || Shirt: Bangkok Street Market || Shoes: Zalora Thailand || Purse: MBK Thailand || Belt: Workshop Thailand

I hope you enjoyed this series! Leave a comment down below if you have suggestions of more topics. As always thank you for commenting.

38 comments:

  1. Aww, you look adorable. Love the look from head to toe but especially these shoes <3

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really stunning outfit - this just fits you amazingly, and I love how classy this look is. The belt detail also gives this outfit just the right amount if interest to keep the look edgy.

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfit and those shoes....LOVE!!!

    www.thatzedgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for one would rock this kind of look too and to so many places.It looks simple but classy,decent,fabulous and even better,the pieces are wardrobe basics, important as you've stated.Looking confident and lovely as always.
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you made a simple tee look fab and gorgeous.

    www.damiesdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has got to be my favourite of them. Lovely smile
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely radiant and those shoes and that clutch! Great look

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous! I am so into those shoes!!

    www.tailoredandtrue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit! I know it's the last monochrome post but I still tink you rock it amazingly well!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how nice and simple yet so casual this look is... and basics are everything.x
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are so beautiful dear!!!! fantastic outfit! ;)
    big kissessss

    Check it out my new post: http://www.honeyandcotton.org/shopping-di-primavera-inizio-da-una-tuta-jadea/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Monday, darling! Swooning over today’s look! You are so pretty!!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breath of fresh air!
    I love the look
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. following the series.. nice, i love the bag
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful feminine look! Your shoes and bag are perfect additions to this outfit!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you all, I honestly did not expect this much love from just a basic look but I guess simplicity wins.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this look, very simple and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this look. So interesting about you showing off your curve. While I sometime want to hide mines, you want to enhance yours. Funny how things are. I think you look great and I would have never even guess you gain weight.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a black and white girl so I love your monochrome looks. Also I love how you introduced pops of colour with the clutch and the lippie.
    And your figure is to die for! :*
    xx Cara @ www.xocara.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. so so so amazing outfit, love your shoes! :)

    xoxo, www.AneciaBlog.pl

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look beautiful! And happy :) I love this outfit!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Simple and chic and one cannot go wrong with the classic color combination of black and white! I also completely agree on self confidence but I must say, if this is your body when you've put on weight, it looks beautiful on you!!
    www.yvonnesloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Monochrome is always a winner. You look great.

    www.tomilolaescada.com

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look so chic in this outfit
    Plus that heels are stunning.
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that look so much and yes its the simple things in life that brings the self confidence in us...and that purse is so dope
    Enjoy your day
    Http://www.fashiongalorelovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. love this look. It's so chic and classy and the clutch is calling my name. Sorry for my absence and all, been having difficulty commenting on the mobile version.
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have been following your Monochrome series. I loved all the ensembles. I think you killed it on this one. The photography is just perfect.

    https://deffinatlyshaz.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice style!

    Federica
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    The Cutielicious

    ReplyDelete
  29. beautiful, sexy and nice look :)
    glovercouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a very simple yet classy look. The curvier you doses look better in that skirt. Love them shoes.

    http://pearlsprettyskin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. @kreyola, we always want what we can have lol, thank you
    @Cara @Anecia @Diane thank you
    @Yvonnes lol thank you
    @Tomilola @ Zarrah @Wenluditoh thank you
    @Sogie, O I wonder if anyone is having the same issues, maybe you can try viewing it in the desktop version. Thank you and welcome back
    @Sharron thanks, the editing came in handy as well.
    @Federica @Glover thank you
    @Linet, thank you, I kinda agree too

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those shoes!!!! I am in love and need those in my closet!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Monica thank you, everyone feels the same way lol.

    ReplyDelete
  34. you look amazing, loving the series
    gafashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete