STYLE TIPS: 17 WARDROBE BASIC ESSENTIALS

by - 1:01:00 pm

wardrobe basic essentials

Over the past couple posts, I have consistently talked about the importance of wardrobe basics and today I will be showing you 17 wardrobe basics I think every girl should have. Wardrobe basics are usually based on your style and climate but I believe these items could pretty much work for most people.

Click on the titles for link to items

It's so crisp and clean. It get be dress up or down and it just makes you look so classy.

Basic essentials, 17, white shirt

You can never go wrong with stripes, it literally go with everything! See how I rocked it in the past here, here and here.



Such a rustic piece but yet if styled, it can look very chic. I love adding my chambray shirt for the extra bit of edge in an outfit (post coming up). See how I've rocked the denim shirt in the past here and here.

denim shirt, chambray shirt


Probably one of the most underrated wardrobe basics. I love how it gives the effortless but chic look. It also helps that with turtlenecks you can avoid accessorizing. I've styled turtle necks here, here and here.

wardrobe essentials, basics, turtle-necks


Great for adding colour and print to an outfit. It also mixes well with leopard print and stripes but don't over-do it as I mentioned in my post here.

wardrobe essentials, basics,plaid shirt, trend


Blazers are the perfect item to tie outfits together and give you the appearance of looking more put together. If you just want to be comfy, throw a blazer over a pair of jeans and it instantly transforms the casual look.

wardrobe essentials, basics,black blazer


Leather jackets are great for adding edge to an outfit thus by making you look cooler. I've been on the hunt for a good and affordable pair for a while now but I'm yet to find one. 

wardrobe essentials, basics,leather jacket


Every girl needs a little black dress! One great thing about this item is that they are versatile but simple. You can layer items over like a blazer or shirt and you can also wear the dress as a top. I really need to invest in more pairs. See how I rocked my only pair here.

wardrobe essentials, basics,little black dress


It looks great on most body-shapes, especially with the right fit. I say get it in every colour while you’re at it, since it is quite easy to style. 

wardrobe essentials, basics,black pencil skirt, asos


This is a very simple piece, perfect for a laid back outfit but can be dressed up. I recommend them in blue, white and black.

wardrobe essentials, basics,skinny jean


Looking for comfort? Then try the boyfriend jean. Thrift stores are great places to find pairs, I found mine in one. I love the distressed look on bf jeans but you could always DIY (do it yourself).

wardrobe essentials, basics, boyfriend jeans, trend

You all know I love my trousers! See how I rocked them here and here (look-book). I love how simple and elegant they are. I usually thrift mine.

wardrobe essentials, basics,high-waist, flared trousers, 90's, trend

Leopard print is great for adding a pop of print to an outfit. I like leopard prints in shoes and purses.

wardrobe essentials, basics,leopard print pumps


You can't go wrong with a well-structured bag, be it for work or going out it is perfect for carrying all your necessary items. Need I say more!

wardrobe essentials, basics,black structured bag

Perfect for adding class to an outfit. Black pairs are great due to the versatility of the colour.

wardrobe essentials, basics,black pumps, pointed pumps


In addition to a black pump, coloured pumps can do wonders for your outfit pairings.

wardrobe essentials, basics,pop of colour, fuchsia pumps

Sometimes all you need is the perfect accessory to tie an outfit together and statement belts do just that. Example of outfits here and here.

wardrobe essentials, basics, asos


I see over 20 outfit combinations, how many do you see? What are some of your wardrobe basic essentials?

You May Also Like

22 comments

  1. Great put up!!
    www.officialfantasy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more on your selected list of the basics wardrobe must have and I just love how styling them can be so effortless, am yet to get the above statement belt, ooh how I love it xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look e acessórios maravilhoso amei tudo
    Curta e siga o meu canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xZdo8xMv34

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! :)

    dianadblogging.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all
    @Bernadette, you definitely need to get one. They are perfect for adding the extra glam to an outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very detailed. i unfortunately dont own a LBD. Yet

    Simply Uneeke

    ReplyDelete
  7. White shirt!! Yup!

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips.this staples make getting ready in the morning much easier.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with all your pics, and I'm dying over the pumps; omgosh I love all the shoes!!! Another wardrobe staple i'd suggest would be a little white dress tho, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes you are right.
    It is all basic essentials
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post ! I'm a huge fan of those basics that are just unmissable in a wardrobe

    www.thefashionpanda.be
    www.thefashionpanda.be

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Cara, I know right, especially the leopard pair. A white dress is something that I actually didn't think of but it's definitely a wardrobe basic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They all basic essentials. That belt is something I have to get
    Fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. All these pieces are essentials....great post. I'm planning on investing on some colorful pumps myself.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  15. Black pumps, colorful pumps, leopard print pumps I want them all 🙈... Beautiful and insightful post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its such great post dear and now i must say my closet misses the flared pants and some animal print although i plan to buy them every month bt i normaly see other things ha!
    Happy Easter Monday!

    Http://www.fashiongalorelovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so true. With this you have a solid wardrobe already. Need to get me a statement belt.
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. White button up shirt is a definite must have. Great post.

    http://moilesedi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Latest Style Tips : 4 Popular and Best for Style and Fashion tips for Men

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree totally!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love everything of your selection!

    ReplyDelete