LIFE!

by - 9:48:00 am


stripes, layering basics, black skinny jeans, pop of colour

stripes, layering basics, black skinny jeans, pop of colour

stripes, layering basics, black skinny jeans, pop of colour

stripes, layering basics, black skinny jeans, pop of colour

stripes, layering basics, black skinny jeans, pop of colour

stripes, layering basics, black skinny jeans, pop of colour

stripes, layering basics, black skinny jeans, pop of colour
Photography by Ruth Audu

The thing about life is that it doesn't always go as planned. I was reminiscing on the university days with one of my close friends who is now back in her home country of Bhutan, for those of you who don't know I graduated at about this time last year as I mentioned here. In college, all I wanted to do was finish as fast as possible, get a job and have a life (my own money as well). 

Well it didn't work out that way. Instead I got a job, and I hated it. When I was let go, it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Now fast-forward to this year, everything has been so slow. First there was the postponement of the NYSC (Nigerian youth training) due to the elections which were successful, thank God. And now I've just been chilling and blogging, guess you could say I’m a full-time blogger, without the pay of course lol. This is definitely not what I was expecting when I pictured myself as a "graduate” but it is okay.

Life is the best teacher and I've learnt so much about myself and God over these past months. I figured out that sitting down in an office is not for me. Also, having so much time has helped me improve my relationship with God which is keeping me strong and motivated. Blogging has also given me a sense of purpose so thank you guys. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do with my life but I'm figuring it out and I know God has a great plan for my life, I just can't wait to see it unfold!

Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. (Proverbs 19:21 NIV)

For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
 (Jeremiah 29: 11 NLT)

I previously styled this sweater here but today I wanted to go for a mix of print with the button-up shirt. I used a statement belt (wardrobe basic) to tie this look together but I honestly couldn't decide which look I preferred.

Sweater: Bangkok Street Market || Shoes: New Look || Shirt: Thrift Store || Bag: Zalora Thailand || Pants: H&M

Happy New Month!
Link up here

You May Also Like

25 comments

  1. Go girl! I love how you styled it.
    www.adezeezee.blogspot.com
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely...as u rightly said sometimes life doesn't go as planned but keep faith high and keep dreaming big...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look, have a good month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the belt on crop idea. its very lovely.
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. u look gorg
    love the way u put everything together

    http://www.ann-u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater looks adorable on you! I agree that life is the best teacher, but she is a strict and cruel mistress, but you remember everything she's taught you.

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit dear. Love the belt with it.
    and dnt worry, everything will turn out fine at the right time #winks
    dimplekhadi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool outfit with lovely details.
    http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. We thank God for the successful elections. And you are right my dear not everything goes our way in life. But God is in control

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this outfitB
    Great mix!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can totally relate to what you are saying. I graduated In December 2013 and I had all my plans maped out (getting a job, move out etc). Surprisingly I only got a job November 2014 because the job market in Zimbabwe is really tough. Prayer & blogging got me through that tough time. It strengthened my spirituality & I think that was the best thing that came out of that tough time. The biggest lesson for me was to understand that everything happens in GOD's time. So no worries dear. All in due time. https://deffinatlyshaz.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! Love everything about this look!
    Happy Friday and have a lovely Easter!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know the feeling, not sure what to do with my life lately, but I do hope I will have a plan soon. :)
    You look great! I like both looks, but I think the belt makes the outfit more you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Bash, you gotta learn the hard way I guess
    @Dimple @Tsepo, yes it will
    @Sharron, thank you for sharing that. It's nice to see that someone relates.
    @Boheme, you will. Staying positive helps. I quite agree with you on the belt look, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is a funny saying that God has a big laugh at our plans because he already knows what will happen and many time it's not what we plan.. all the same God's plans are best..

    Love your shoes :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love your outfit!! So pretty and I'm glad everything is clearer for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Wangu, Lol I love it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you tied in the obi belt into the look

    BLEURGH - http://www.bleurghnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. adore the sweater and how you styled it!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  20. That crop sweater is adorable! <333

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this outfit, very creative and unique, and the pictures are pretty, as always!

    -Diane
    http://beautyinablazer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty outfit. Very creative, casual and wearable on a day to day basis. Love the belt.
    http://pearlsprettyskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Girl, take your time, all your time to figure out what you want to do with life because it took me about a quarter of a century to figure (or partially figure) my life out. Hope you're enjoying Naija!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am currently experiencing something almost similar. I guess we are never truly prepared for the fact that we may be still experiencing our Chapter 5s while our peers are experiencing their Chapter 20s. It is such a character shaping and humbling period. I like how you link back to your previous posts in your posts. I was curious to read your story after reading one of your January posts. Well done for being so consistent with your blog posts! I need some of this focus lol!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete