THE HELP INSPIRED: BLUE MIDI-SKIRT

by - 11:51:00 am

blue midi-skirt, pop of colour, vintahe, thrfiting
blue midi-skirt, pop of colour, vintahe, thrfiting
blue midi-skirt, pop of colour, vintahe, thrfiting
blue midi-skirt, pop of colour, vintahe, thrfiting
blue midi-skirt, pop of colour, vintahe, thrfiting
blue midi-skirt, pop of colour, vintahe, thrfiting
blue midi-skirt, pop of colour, vintahe, thrfiting
Photography by Me

If thrifting is wrong then I don't want to be right! I stumbled upon a local thrift market in my area during one of my various trips around my current city of Abuja, Nigeria. The skirt cost 200($1) Naira while the blouse was 450 Naira ($2.50). I love the retro look of the skirt, I have been looking for a pair like this since watching The Help (movie). I loved all the dresses and skirts that the character Skeeter (played by Emma Stone) rocked. So I guess you could say this look is inspired by her. I wore this outfit to church with the pink heels for a pop of colour but for going out and about I went with my converse which I got in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea. I can't wait for you guys to see some of the other items I picked up!

Skirt/ Top: Thrifted | Heels: Bangkok Thailand | Flats: Converse

So what do you think, did I get the skeeter look?Also which look do you prefer, heels or flats?
Link up at Mixmatchfashion

You May Also Like

16 comments

  1. Girllll that's cray, I love the skirt...thrift stores here I go. Love the look more with converse.
    You got a tripod stand?
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW Skeeter was Emma stone... You mistakenly wrote Watson

      Delete
  2. $1 and $2.50 for clothes?! That is a steal! Wow, it looks gorgeous! I love the movie The Help, it is amazing! (But Skeeter was played by Emma Stone, not Emma Watson, hahaha)

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, I've made the correction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit! I will try to recreate :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol some days are like that I have stumbled across a few too. I think thrifting store have som good items
    I love the look
    Fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your skirt! So pretty!!! I like the pop of color from the shoes too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the converse look better and thats such a good deal for nice clothes.x
    www.deemako.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your skirt and nice pairing with the pink shoes
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should wear skirts more often, great look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Iyesogie yeah girl I got it right before I left Thailand
    @Bash I know right, sometimes I get lucky
    @Larissa I look forward to seeing it
    @Buiti yeah some days are like that and it also depends on the place
    @Diane @Sophie thank you
    @Desola somehow I knew you would say that, I prefer it too though
    @Blogoratti thanks, I think I actually wear more skirts than pants

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning combo! I almost thought you were wearing a shirt dress. Beautiful!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both looks, but the heels drew my attention. Love the colour pop against the monochrome palette.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look lovely Hun. The two pieces look so good together.
    I have one such skirt and now am more motivated to wear it.

    http://pearlsprettyskin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely Sarah

    www.theirsmallworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh dear beautiful lady really you looks much prettier the me :D

    windows activator loader

    ReplyDelete