HOW TO SPICE UP BASICS

how to spice up an outfit, lace-up booties, red midi-skirt, wardrobe basics



how to spice up an outfit, lace-up booties, red midi-skirt, wardrobe basics

how to spice up an outfit, lace-up booties, red midi-skirt, wardrobe basics

how to spice up an outfit, lace-up booties, red midi-skirt, wardrobe basics
how to spice up an outfit, lace-up booties, red midi-skirt, wardrobe basics


how to spice up an outfit, lace-up booties, red midi-skirt, wardrobe basics

how to spice up an outfit, lace-up booties, red midi-skirt, wardrobe basics

how to spice up an outfit, lace-up booties, red midi-skirt, wardrobe basics

how to spice up an outfit, lace-up booties, red midi-skirt, wardrobe basics
Photography by me

As creative as one can be there are certain times when the creative juices just won't flow. In situations like these it's easier to work with wardrobe basics and play up your accessories. This red midi-skirt (styled here, here and here) is absolutely one of my favourite vintage skirts and this time I simply paired it with a black top. Now to spice up the outfit I went for a statement necklace which is not really my thing and then my lace-up booties. Just a little tip, a good pair of shoes can change up an outfit so invest in one. Another way to add a little something extra to this outfit would have been to go with a turban like I've done in the past here and here

Skirt: Vintage | Top: Thailand | Shoes: Zalora Thailand | Necklace: Diva Silverbird

How do you like to spice up your outfits?

If you follow me on my social media pages (Instagram/Facebook) then you would know I'm currently visiting Thailand. This is why I've been a bit quiet here but I'll explain more in upcoming posts and yes I am snapping like crazy.

19 comments:

  1. You look so stunning! The skirt is just perfect and those shoes!!!! I need such in my life!
    www.anicheberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect post, i really like your style!)

    Love Alena
    www.elationofcreation.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, dear!! your outfit is so chic and I really love your style!!
    xx, Natali

    sano sanisimo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always admired this skirt and you always style it so well...and basics are very important cause they can always be transformed easily and are also comfortable as well! Wish you a lovely stay in Thailand!
    xx

    Http://www.fashiongalorelovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely as usual Sarah. The skirt is so beautiful. The statement neck piece did spice up the outfit so well.
    I agree with you, shoes are key in elevating an otherwise simple/basic outfit.

    http://pearlsprettyskin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your style, even basic pieces look amazing on you! I don't know how I spice up basics, I ten to use really bold accessories to freshen up my basics!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your necklace is so pretty! Great outfit as usual. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought those were pantsss... smh that skirt is lovely!! And yes lace up heels can make any outfit pop! Lovely post
    www.officialfantasy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the skirt paired with the simple top,again great pictures.By the way,just curious,which camera model do you use?
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually ought the skirt was a pant too at first glance , shoes can make a break an outfit. Looking good as usual
    The Diva Diaries


    ReplyDelete
  11. Red looks good on you; nice styling and enjoy your stay in Thailand.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I neeeeed those shoes in my life! Typical example of how to glam up your basics. Your pictures looks very nice, was surprise to see that you took this ones yourself, you are doing very great dear. And pls do post some pictures of Thailand, waiting to live (travel) through your pictures. You look very gorgeous.

    dleonalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect! Great pop of color!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look amazing as always

    gafashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for the lovely feedback

    @Sophie, I use a canon Powershot SX5 HS

    @Dleonalife I definitely will

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found you on Instagram. Long time

      Delete
    2. Lovely outfit. How do you take your photos. Do you use a remote control?

      Kemi ~ www.kemischoice.com

      Delete
  16. I love how you styled it. Slayed!

    Www.perezvoguediaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Kemi hi, unfortunately my camera has no remote control hence I use a self timer

    ReplyDelete