HOW TO STYLE HIGH-WAIST PANTS LOOK 1

by - 3:19:00 am

black pumps, vintage scarf, high-waist pants, jeggings

black pumps, vintage scarf, high-waist pants, jeggings

vintage scarf

black pumps, vintage scarf, high-waist pants, jeggings

black pumps, vintage scarf, high-waist pants, jeggings

black pumps, vintage scarf, high-waist pants, jeggings

black pumps, Kimono, high-waist pants, jeggings

black pumps, Kimono, high-waist pants, jeggings
Photography by me

Have you ever been around someone who just complains about everything? They are so negative that it even gets to you at times. Of course complaining  from time to time is inevitable but it really doesn't achieve anything. Life is already hard so why make it more difficult by being a pessimist. 

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength" (Proverbs 17;22 NLT)

On that note I encourage everyone to read the bible book of Proverbs no matter your religion or belief. This book is one of my favourites in the bible as it offers so much practical wisdom.

Now for the outfit, I've been on the hunt for a pair of high-waist pants for a while now and I when I found this pair chilling in the thrift store I just had to have it. Since the outfit is quite simple, I played up the accessories. Adding a brown belt for a vintage feel and a scarf for a pop of print and colour, it's such a beautiful scarf these photos don't do it justice.  I'm really feeling the Parisian scarf look featured (herehere and here). To change up this outfit I opted for a kimono which is my go-to outwear, see how I've styled it in the past here and here

As Buiti said, tights will never be pants no matter how much you want them to be so why not try jeggings. Stay tuned for part two.

Pants/Scarf/Belt: Vintage || Shoes/Purse: Thailand || Kimono/Top: Mr Price RT Collection

Side note: What's going on with my hand though?

You May Also Like

23 comments

  1. I hope I am the first to comment, you look adorable.. Love those pants

    gafashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rocking this outfit Princess. I love reading proverbs too. So much wisdom that we can apply to our lives daily. Stay blessed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first look! you do great taking your pictures yourself :) being too negative in my opinion can be caused by overthinking or worrying too much about outcome of things, I am a victim to that sometimes but I catch myself real quick and snap back to positive mode :D

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl on firee!!!
    I love the scarf...will definitely be trying that soon.
    Am no fan of trousers but I always consider when it's high waist...you slayed
    Love it

    Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get myself a pair of high-waisted pants soon! They look amazing on you! I love your kimono, it's gorgeous! Different from florals (which is mediocre to me) Maybe I'm just being biased for my love of geometric patterns! Hahaha <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit , the first look is amazing. It's just beautiful .
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honey, you looking gooood. :-) Simplicity is sophistication! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great as usual, love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look gorgeous, dear!! I love your style, always so chic and cool!!
    really cute photos!!
    xx, Natali

    100% natural & homemade cosmetics => sano sanisimo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a huge fan of anything that's high waist.I love the style and your choice of accessories makes the look very chic
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the first outfit! High waist denims are definitely a closet essential!

    www.anicheberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the first outfit better. The scarf adds a bit of retro glam to it.

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the touch the scarf and bag adds to the outfit.
    http://stylediarybyosy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are rockin' these two looks gf. Love them both! x Nicole | www.changeanddress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg, I need those pants, now! Can't believe they're vintage. They fit you perfectly! <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's always good to be optimistic and see life from the brighter side. Optimism is a driving force. I love your kimono 😍

    Www.perezvoguediaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice post :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always love earthy colors.Lovely scarf

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so pretty girl! :) Beautiful look!
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah! This outfit is so chic but that scarf added aso much awesomeness to it! Love it😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing post! These looks would be perfect transitioning into fall! :)

    XO Courtney
    www.colormecourtney.com

    ReplyDelete