OOTD: DENIM COMBO

by - 11:16:00 am






Photography by Blessing Audu 

When it comes to fashion blogging I've never really felt the need to blog my casual outfits since most of the time they are simple.  Also I feel that outfits that are dressier or styled with heels leave more of a bang but today I thought I'd just share my everyday kinda outfit. I previously styled this denim skirt here but this time I just paired it with a chambray shirt.

Denim on denim or the Canadian tuxedo has been around for a while now and it's quite easy to pull off. Does anyone know why it is called a Canadian tuxedo though? Anyways, when pulling of this trend don't be afraid to add a pop of colour like I did with my lipstick or heels in this look. Also try pairing different shades or washes of denim as it creates a nice contrast and balance. 

When running around I like to keep things basic in sneakers rather than heels. Because contrary to popular belief I don't wear heels everyday and I don't know how to drive, talk less of having a car. For more inspiration on how to style sneakers check out these posts here, here and here.

Do you prefer to see casual outfits or dressier looks?

You May Also Like

16 comments

  1. great look! love your skirt!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love a denim on denim combo. I like how you pair the different wash. http://www.stylediarybyosy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that skirt a lot. Great casual combination, Sarah.

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very simple and still looks elegant, i love simplicity.

    Simply Uneeke

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally enjoyed this post! Have a nice weekend! :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cool casual, love it and your skirt is adorable.

    www.dleonalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this.denim on denim never fails and I like how you paired it with the sneakers. Very casual and simple.

    evitaspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simplicity of the look..not a sneakers or flat shoe kinda girl tho but you look good and pulled off the look nicely...
    Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice skirt

    wilfriiiied.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally love the look.I'm a heel lover but lately sneakers and ballerinas have been warming their way into my heart and Comfort ability has become a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a huge fan of denim on denim and this is a great look.Nice pictures
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's not to obe about denim on denim. Love!!!


    Epiphany29.com
    Breast Cancer & Pink October

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit!! Looking effortless
    Toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually didn't know it was called Canadian tuxedo!
    I love your skirt a lot!!
    I think either dressy or casual, your looks always look great, so I don't mind either! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never heard the term "Canadian tuxedo" before. I should google it.

    Cute skirt.

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete