SARAH SPEAKS: ON THE COMPANY YOU KEEP

by - 10:27:00 am


Remember when you were in grade school and everyone was your friend? Simply playing with someone or even sharing a treat, instantly made that person a best friend? Some of us even had up to three or four best friends. Well, in real life this same principle does not apply. Kindergarten was great and all but we must grow up because "who you accompany determines what accompanies you".

My selectiveness the people I associate with tends to come off as me being uptight and snobbish but that's okay. Whether you believe it or not the people you call friends have the power to influence you subconsciously or unconsciously and positively or negatively. I once had a friend who cussed incessantly and as expected this started to reflect in my language. Of course I cut ties when I noticed this but this is just a simpler, milder example.

A lot of us young people have been lead into bad choice because of peer pressure and unwise advice. It's easy to say oh, I can’t easily be influenced but it's better to be safe than sorry. Besides life is already hard on its own. So any friendship that is not impacting your life, should be put to an end. I mean why stress yourself?

Please be mindful of the friendships, relationships and partnerships you enter. 
"Who you hang around determines what hangs around you, association brings assimilation" 
(Dr Paul Enenche)

What are your thoughts on this?

I’ve talked about this topic here, so check it out!


You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I concur. Even when one is 'different' based on association, people tend to assume you are the company you keep. As we get older we understand that fewer valueable friends are better than crowd.

    Epiphany29.com
    January Recap - February Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blog :)
    I follow you :)

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such true words Sarah!
    Definitely taken inspiration from this post to write something similar.
    You've got to be careful about the company you keep. :)

    ReplyDelete