4 TIPS ON FINDING VINTAGE ITEMS

by - 1:10:00 pm


Hey beautiful people, now you all know how much I love my vintage pieces. It all started out when I was a broke girl trying to still stay trendy until I got obsessed with the unique pieces and styles from the different eras. Now how does one find the best vintage pieces?  Well that's why we're here, to guide you and give you tips on how to get great vintage finds. Hence I collaborated with  Diane  of dye2k to help my people out. Now let's begin shall we.

1. Patience
First things first, patience, whether vintage shopping or thrifting one needs to possess this virtue because the truth is finding one of a kind pieces take a lot digging. You might have to dig through piles and racks of clothes before getting what you want but its always worth it, trust me.

2. Potential
Know that with every piece you find, there is always a way to slay in it. With that being said don't shrug off pieces. You never know, something random can be turned into an item people will be curious about.

3. Online shopping
Finding vintage items can be time consuming so why not look into vintage sites. You save yourself the stress of actually going to the store. For my naija based readers check out Soul orange vintage which has an amazing selection of clothes, especially jackets and dresses. Also try Retro Religion, their shirt selection is sick and the Vintage closet has an amazing collection of scarfs and retro tops, remember I worked with them here and here

4. Inspiration 
Finally finally, get inspiration from fashion enthusiasts like myself who have a way with styling vintage. Joy Kendi is amazing at recon-structuring vintage finds. Melody thrifty Chic has a way with layering vintage pieces to create one unique look while the Deemako has a stand out way of making vintage items look rare, remember our collaboration here







That's it guys, what tips would you give to my vintage lovers. Check out Diane's post for the continuation of tips on how to thrift.

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. Such an interesting post! I love to have a look at your blog.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience is a total must and loads of inspiration. Great tips. Trying Trying harness my vintage side more
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post dear! Thank you for sharing! Great tips!
    Hugs, Pisa
    www.inlovewithmyclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with everything there is to this post and that's why I'm Planning to apply every tip.
    www.proudlyelled.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to try shopping vintage but that's really difficult since there are barely any thrift shops here.I'll have to try soon though, it looks wonderful! <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really some great tips, Sarah. I Know Anna, I call her the "Layering Queen". -she's fab!! Dee is good too. Off to find out about the other lady. Beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing.

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a huge vintage/thrift shopper. I started out the same way, trying to keep up with evolving trends. I think the best pieces in any closet is good vintage pieces!

    www.signaturetoscie.co.zw

    ReplyDelete