INSPIRATION: TIPS ON HOW TO MIX PRINTS

Hey beautiful people! So the other day I was on pinterest looking into all the amazing ways to mix prints. I love print and one great way to stand out is to mix them. I mean nothing spectacular really happens in comfort zones

Today, I'll be dishing four simple tips that'll guide you on how to mix prints.
Pictures are from Pinterest , click the text below for the links 

1. Stripes 
Stripes are your best bet, they are the easiest print to mix and they pretty much  match with every other print. So if you're unsure then stick to stripes.





2. Monochrome 

Go with a monochrome theme. When mixing prints in the same colour tone you can't go wrong especially when mixing black and white 

                                                 Wendyslookbook




3. Matching prints 

 You can always mix the same prints but then go with different colours to create a colour blocked look like Solange below or picture this, a pink polkadot top tucked into a blue polkadot skirt. 
   

Solange


4. Common factor 

Finally when mixing prints in different patterns and colour combinations, make sure that there is a common colour in the two pieces. In my outfit the common colour was blue and black, see how that works?


Bittersweetcolours

Hope this helped, what guides you when rocking print on prints?
I'll see you all next time, with an ootd post! 

10 comments:

  1. wow I never thought of these mixing tips, I always stick with the same colours when mixing prints but the first pic by @jadorefashion has changed my OT.

    TheShakaraGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE WAY THEY ALL STYLED PRINTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaas I am feeling this post! Great tips about mixing prints, I wanna try new things this year so I hope I can try this! You look lovely <3

    istylelooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics, especially the one of Finding Paola and Solange!
    xx
    DeeVine Anonyme

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips . There is a wide range of prints to choose from. I am inspired to try this out ! Hopefully I nail it like you do.x

    Stephylately.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. I'm def going to try mixing prints.

    Epiphany29.com
    Prayer - I Lose Focus While Praying

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so confused by mixing prints, hence why I avoid prints in general. So thank you so much for the tips, Sarah! it's incredible of you <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tips!

    Missjummieliciousblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great styling tips and i love your picks. I am still working on my confidence in this area.
    www.stylediarybyosy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great tips
    you re always an inspiration
    Xo
    kittyhid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete