OUT AND ABOUT: CALABAR 1

Hey guys, I'm back! Now for those wondering why the break? Well I had way too much on my plate, hence  I had to step back and get organized. The break was actually supposed to be longer but then I got inspired!

How are you all doing by the way? So I've been in the city of Calabar, Cross River state for a couple of months and I realized that I have barely had the chance to be a proper tourist. What with my 9-5 or more like 8-8 working hours at my place of service, I barely have time for myself. On my free days, I either take blog pictures, do laundry or sleep my ass off. But this had to change. So this past week I took myself out to popular tourist site, Marina Resort and on Saturday I met some really cool Calabar based bloggers. 


 Meet Chakie and Zahzee of ourblogazine, how cute are their names? Anyways, these Ladies are locals of the state and were raised here. One of my resolutions this year was to step out and meet more people as I can be a bit of loner. I'm glad I took this step as you can't break forth while remaining in your comfort zone (life hack).

Travel, Nigeria, Calabar, Cross River State, Things to do, Marina Resort, Water Front

Travel, Nigeria, Calabar, Cross River State, Things to do, Marina Resort, Water Front

Travel, Nigeria, Calabar, Cross River State, Things to do, Marina Resort, Water Front

I actually chilled at Marina before meeting them. The breeze and view was so calming and I actually got some things done while waiting.

Travel, Nigeria, Calabar, Cross River State, Things to do, Marina Resort, Water Front

Saw some carnival girls from a band, not sure what they were up to though, but I'm sure most of your are familiar with the calabar carnival which takes place in December ever year. I missed it last year but hopefully this time I'll get to see what all the hype is about. 

Travel, Nigeria, Calabar, Cross River State, Things to do, Chinese food, happy food

Travel, Nigeria, Calabar, Cross River State, Things to do, Chinese food, happy food

Travel, Nigeria, Calabar, Cross River State, Things to do, Chinese food, happy food, Chinese fried rice

 Finally, I had Chinese fried rice at Happy Food on Marian road. For those who don't know, I lived in Asia for seven years, Thailand to be precise, see posts here and here. So I've been craving Asian food like crazy and I had a treat as the fried rice was perfect. Next time, I intend to explore more dishes on the menu as it was reasonably priced. Thank you (you know who you are).

Travel, Nigeria, Calabar, Cross River State, Things to do, Chinese food, happy food

 I loved the ambiance, I could sit there for forever. 

Travel, Nigeria, Calabar, Cross River State, Things to do, Chinese food, happy food

 Probably the first time a photo bomb actually made a shot. Okay maybe not the first time, note Olajumoke and Ty Bello.



Head over to ourblogmagazine to find out more about these lovely ladies. 

If your looking for places to visit in Calabar, Marina Resort is a great place to relax and talk, while Happy Food offers good Chinese food.

This post was actually supposed to be a lot shorter but I have a lot of talking to get out of my system, so stay tuned. I do hope you enjoyed the post, would you like to see more posts like this? 


13 comments:

  1. One of my goals in Life is to travel through Nigeria, calabar is one of those states that people swear is dope so am definitely gonna go there. And tell me about being a loner lol .

    Simply Uneeke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Calabar looks beautiful! Mmm the rice looks delicious. Though maybe I'm biased since my country is OBSESSED with rice! Haha

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
  3. really want to take a trip to calabar. heard so much about that place. looks like you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures are so cute, I'm glad you're making the most of your stay in calabar fun
    My Style Diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time. Beautiful girls

    Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much prettiness in one post. Love the views.

    deffinatlyshaz.WordPress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Simply Uneeke lol I feel you and honestly Calabar is great although now it's not really the same Calabar of Back in the day
    @Bash Harry, girl you crack me up but you are right. The rice looks good but tasted even better.
    @Cedar yes I had fun and it's a cool place
    Grace Alex, aww thanks hun
    @En_kay yeah I definitely did, thank you
    @Sharron the views were definitely one the best part of the day

    ReplyDelete
  8. MARINA RESORT!!! I enjoyed the hour or two I spent there and wished I had more time to chill, especially in the evening.

    Have you considered doing a Guide to Calabar series?

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Berry I actually didn't really consider that, just thought I'd do lifestyle posts on my various outings but I love this idea so I think I will

      Delete
  9. Hi Sarah, so I just came across your page while freaking out over what nysc in Calabar would be like and your narration (which I have to say is rather impeccable) has sort of thrown me into a roller-coaster of emotions, from the terrible camp to your having quite the ball touring the city. I would appreciate it if I could reach you personally (email maybe?) to inquire more about what to expect and a bunch of other things I am super-curious about. Thank you in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girl,you can email me at princessaudu@gmail.com with any questions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice pictures btw.i stay in calabar and i must say, Happy food also has a pretty decent pastry shop and their pastries are very affordable.you should try out!ps:hope youre enjoying your stay in calabar?you should

    Http:/www.missjummieliciousblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete