ANKARA FLARED TROUSERS + CROP TOP

by - 11:14:00 am

Ankara, African print, crop top, coordinates, flared trousers

Tailored, African print, coordinates

Ankara, African print, crop top, coordinates, flared trousers

Ankara, African print, crop top, coordinates, flared trousers

Ankara, African print, crop top, coordinates, flared trousers

African print, details, crop top

Ankara, African print, crop top, coordinates, flared trousers

Ankara, African print, crop top, coordinates, flared trousers
 Photography by A.A

Hey guys!

You know that saying, "everything happens for a reason"? Well I don't know about you but when life throws its worst our way, people expect you to take comfort in that quote and it can be quite annoying. But at the end of the day, God uses our struggles, battles and victories in life to serve as a testimony and source of encouragement for both ourselves and others. Such stories give me the motivation to keep going.

 I don't know what battles you are fighting in your life right now but as annoying as it might sound, everything happens for a reason. Trust me, it'll all make sense in the end, those circumstances are there to test you, push you and serve as an inspiration to others and even you.

On today's outfit, I'm still on my mission to saturate my wardrobe with as many Ankara, African pieces as possible, remember the first ankara crop top and midi skirt set (here)?

Today's crop top and flared trousers set was made by my aunt who also made this and this.  I like to call her a shakara tailor, she's good and because of that everyone wants to patronize her services so you can imagine. When you give her items, they can stay in her shop forever which is why I played the niece card to get this piece sewn as soon as possible.  We could learn from my aunt though, Let your gifts and talents make people chase after you.

Crop top: Custom made || Flared trousers: Custom made || Shoes: Zara

How do you deal with shakara tailors?
Till next post! 

You May Also Like

15 comments

  1. You look really amazing!!! Love so much this print and colors on you!

    ALISA GROMOVA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the print and colors on this one
    sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. like a prophetess thank you!! and your ankara looks lately girl on point

    My Style Diary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the two piece ankara print.
    http://www.thestylefanatic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your aunt is super talented. Loving the color combo. Of this Ankara set

    www.sincerelymissj.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this set! The geometric print is really nice..You're aunt has made some nice pieces for you

    PoshNPetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need ankara co-ords like this in my life, beautiful piece!!

    www.toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sarah, you always nail your ankara outfits. Simply stunning.x

    www.stephylately.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love this piece! Particularly as my new favourite clothing items are culottes. I love ankara, but never seem to get around to having fab outfits made out of them!

    KacheeTee.com
    4 Perfectly Do-able Traditions for (Young) Couples

    ReplyDelete
  10. i dig this co-ords hun! so cool! you rock it well!

    xo, Carla
    www.carlaviolet.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your aunt is good! Does she want to be my aunty too?

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really needed that message, sometimes you need someone to say it for it to resonate even more. I love your outfit too!
    xx
    DeeVine Anonyme

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful eye catching look. These photos have so much positive energy :D I like it.
    MALINA

    ReplyDelete