SARAH SPEAKS: IN DARK TIMES


We are living in dark times, my people. The word is sadly turning into something else. I don't even know what to say or where to begin. We all know what is going on in the world, racial killings in the United States, Boko Haram in Nigeria, ISIS in Syria, Bombing and natural disasters happening all around which are just a few of the many things going on. 

I've never really been one to listen to news for the simple fact that it's too depressing but now it's my profession to stay informed. And each time I see these reports, I just get numb and feel helpless. My heart goes out to the people all around the world facing all these struggles.

I mean it's easy to post on social media  about the issues or write about it but what does it accomplish really? We saw what happened with the #Bringbackourgirls campaign for the missing 200 Chibok girls in Nigeria, the world forgot about it after a while. It seems like all we can do is pray and hope for a better tomorrow. 

For 
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that"

(Martin Luther King Jr.)

I honestly don't know what I'm trying to say in this post. I just know that I have to say something. My heart goes out to each and every one of you experiencing dark times. Take heart and comfort and don't lose hope because without hope life is meaningless. What I will say is that the end times are near people, turn to God and serve him more than ever. The Bible prophesies in Mark 13 and Mathew 24 have already come and gone.

"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilence and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of Sorrow."

(Mathew 24: 7-8 NKJV)

Please, please make things right before it's too late.

Follow on FacebookInstagram 
Twitter  

16 comments:

  1. Amen.
    May God help us to walk in the spirit often and avoid all forms of evil.
    TheBeautifulEagle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you girl, I feel for all those who are suffering in the world but we can only pray and lay everything to God. I can be so selfish sometimes in only thinking about myself and my own good but in fact, I should be thankful that I'm one of the lucky ones.

    By the way, I also want to thank you for your comment on my recent post, it means a lot to me knowing that you read and understand what I'm going through, But after reading this post of yours, I feel guilty knowing that other people have worse problems than I do so thank you for such a great reminder that everyday we get to live is a miracle.

    Cheers,
    Carla
    www.carlaviolet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were reminded but don't feel bad hun. It is okay to be selfish at times. And as you said all we can do is to look to God.

      Delete
  3. I was in similar mood as you recently, when I heard about death penalties and human rights abuses in China, yulin dog meat festival and cruel treatment of animals in China, Boknal in Korea, e.t.c.. The worse thing for me is than we can do nothing to stop this evil.

    Imagine how cruel things happend in my country during the last century: my grandparents survived the Second World War, my grandfather fought in the defense of our country. When our country was conquered by the nazi Germany our eastern neighbors Ukrainians murdered a thousends citizens of our country in a many cruel ways (by the terrible tortures). After this we had in the our country totalitarianism in the form of communist system for many years.

    But definitely agree with you we can not lose hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow girl, I have no idea what you are going through right now but as you said we must not lose hope.

      Delete
  4. It's all just so sad, I can't believe such behaviour is still seen in this decade we're living in. All these bombings, shootings and overall racial hate; it makes one even afraid to leave their grounds and travel the world because you never know what can happen an any instant. I'm always so saddened to see how little media coverage developing countries get compared to westerners - like we're all the same yet we're divided even when it comes to showcasing world problems.

    http://style-krush.blogspot.is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah girl its quite unfortunate. I'm sure there is a lot more going on in this world that we know nothing about but we must not lose faith.

      Delete
  5. It's so sad to see what's happening all around us....

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking about this during the short holiday and its terribly sad. I'm really convinced that the world is coming to an end and all we have to hold in to is God.

    evitaspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly girl, the end times are near.

      Delete
  7. I totally feel you in this post girl. I have a lot to say with what's going on in the world right now, but the only thing I can say is God help us all and deliver us from all evil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amennnn
    fashionattitudebyraych.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen,
    very sad what is currently ongoing in the world, sometimes you wish it can all just end.

    www.rshanphonsi.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also hate listening to news because it's depressing, it's really sad and my heart also goes out to everyone suffering

    https://funkeolotu.com

    ReplyDelete