VINTAGE SHIRT + GREY PENCIL SKIRT

by - 8:56:00 am




G
Photography by Me

Hey guys! Happy new week, I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

I'm so in love with Calabar, Cross River State. It makes life as a blogger so much sweeter and easier. Gosh, I'm talking great locations after locations. And the amazing things is nobody asks you too much questions. You walk in, take your pictures and go. No need to explain yourself which is a far cry from the situation in Abuja. 

Today's picture spot, is in one the oldest schools in the country, Hope Wadell learning Institute. Apparently the school was built some hundred years ago and some of Nigeria's greatest leaders including Nnamdi Azikwie schooled here. In fact, the building I'm standing in front of was brought on a ship and installed in the school. Its now abandoned though, but I love the vintage feel it adds to the outfit, don't you? Now, I'm not trying to bore you with history lessons but what can I say I'm an explorer.


Anyways, if you've been following me for a while then you would know that I tend to shy away from body-con pencil skirts. As I mentioned in this post, I'm not a fan of the attention it draws to the body but today I decided to change things up. Hence I paired my grey pencil skirt (styled here and here) with a vintage shirt worn backwards. I then added my brown vintage belt and white pumps to finish the look.

 Stay tuned for more ways of styling the shirt because you'll definitely be seeing a lot more of this item

Skirt, Shirt, Belt : Vintage || Shoes: Bershka

How would you style the shirt or skirt differently?
Follow on FacebookInstagram 

You May Also Like

27 comments

  1. You do such an amazing job with your photography. I used to take my own pictures (till I dropped my camera :() and I know how much work it is. Have a blessed week too.

    X
    Slimthickdiva.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage shirt!! Nicely put together.
    www.KacheeTee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely combination! Pretty!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby girl looking like a million bucks! Lovely outfit❤
    P.s- you need to show me some of these locations o😩

    Portableisthenewhot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hun, whenever you are ready just hit me up.

      Delete
  5. You look so chic! I love the cut and style of your skirt!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading this post. Vintage is back in full force and you rocked the look.
    www.sindisosdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you look amazing in your body con skirt! Don't ever shy away, you look super cute x

    MM, myramyla.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the pencil skirt is gorgeous! I love the vintage style but I don't know if I could ever wear it right. Love your outfit <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
  9. That top screams elegance, you look dashing dear!
    www.fashiontylemogul.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make me want to visit Calabar seriously. And yeah the outfit is everything, one of these days I should actually wear a shirt backwards LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you should try it and please let me know when you do and Calabar is pretty cool if you enjoy a little tourism and the calm life.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Coming from a makeup artist that means a lot, thanks hun

      Delete
  12. This shirt is really stylish and unique, I adore combo with this skirt! Perfect look!:)

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an elegant and classy look love your style.
    My blog: RumelaTheShopaholic

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos and outfit! Very chic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the background and you slayed the backwards shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look so stunning, i luv this outfit

    ReplyDelete
  17. hunney you look really chic. i know you're not a fan of pencil skirts but you look great in them!! =) wish i could look like that when i wear pencil skirts haha.

    xo, Carla
    www.carlaviolet.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your vintage shirt! Beautiful look!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. If you hadn't mentioned would have never noticed you wore it backward. You make want to visit Calabar so bad. Live the vibe of the entire look.
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I still need to get the courage to take my own pics outside, I hate when people look haha, you look gorgeous in that skirt very classy!
    xx
    DeeVine Anonyme

    ReplyDelete
  21. This outfit is everything and more!

    https://lifestyleoforeoluwa.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete