HOW WOULD YOU WEAR: AFRICAN INSPIRED ANKARA SKIRT


ankara, african print, african inspired, skater skirt, collar necklace, nigeria ankara designs


skater skirt, ankara, african print
collar necklace, african print, ankara, collar necklace,
collar necklace, african print, ankara, collar necklace,
collar necklace, african print, ankara, collar necklace,

collar necklace, african print, ankara, collar necklace,
 Photography by Beniboba 

Hey guys, how have you been?
This post should have been up on Monday but circumstances beyond my control led us to this point right here.

So today we are back with another how would you wear collaboration. This time around we went for the theme African inspired which to me means bold prints, particularly ankara and kente print. Now this flared ankara skater skirt was made by fellow blogger Ugo, who also made my ankara coordinates set.

When it comes to African prints, I've always preferred separate pieces as the prints can be quite bold. Hence I paired the skirt with a basic black crop top, styled in a makeshift jumpsuit. I'm not sure know if you guys noticed the bobby pin on the top but in my defense the boobage was way too much. Now to finish the look off I went for my collar necklace which was all the rage in 2014 and of course my shoes from Sammy dress, styled in my closet essentials post. 

 Skirt: Ugo// Top: Random // Shoes: Sammydress // Necklace: Pull and Bear.

On another note, I've been thinking about the 2016 Rio Olympics which just came to a close.  Just watching the participants using their gifts and receiving praise and support from fans just made me smile. God created each of us with special gifts and talents and I could help but think how amazing it must feel to use your gifts to make people happy. 

Thank you all so much for the amazing feedback on last weeks Sarah speaks on Loneliness and Self love 

Be sure to check out the other Ladies 
 Grace |
Esther | Style Krush

15 comments:

  1. I love this look on you! It looks like you had so much fun taking these pictures. Very good balance between the African print and the solid colours.
    http://anicheberry.blogspot.co.za/2016/08/social-media-source-of-motivation-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely skirt!
    I'm digging ankara pieces lately and I love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the balance between the Ankara and the top. Lovely....

    http://becauseitsvida.blogspot.co.ke/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skirt is gorgeous! I'm loving your shoes as well!!
    xx
    DeeVine Anonyme

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll totally wear it with an off shoulder long sleeve black top! similar to yours. This looks pretty!
    KacheeTee.com
    4 Everyday Gadgets We Are Crushing On

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd wear it with an off-shoulder top, or white button-down shirt.

    I like the vibes from this set of photos :)


    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. This skirt is really beautiful and you styled it perfectly! I adore combo with these shoes and black top!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow sweety, you look amazing! love all :)
    Sandicious

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always loved the ankara look but never owned a piece. This looks lovely and I like that you paired it with a black coloured too. Gives off a kind of chic and mysterious vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty fabric. I am getting my ankara print skirt out of the back of my closet. I'm inspired to style print. You look simply stunning dear. We should be blogging buddies. Please stop by soon.

    www.bijouxquibrillent.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely outfit!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete