SARAH SPEAKS: ALONE BUT LONELY?

Outfit details here 

Hey Beautiful people!

My apologies for slacking on this segment, honestly this segment takes more time than others but sometimes it seems that it’s not as appreciated?

Moving on, ever sit in a place surrounded by people but still feel lonely or left out? Or better yet, ever sit by yourself and yet still feel so comfortable. In other words you are alone but not lonely. 

Lets begin by defining the terms “lonely” and “alone” before moving on. 
Feeling Lonely is being sad because one has no friends or company, while being alone is having no one else present with you.

Growing up I always thought I was a people person and in some ways I still am but those moments by myself, spent thinking about life, listening to good music, watching a movie, reading a good book or mediating on God’s word are just so peaceful and amazing.

People still find it weird when I take myself out or simply want to hang with myself. But I'll always say it's better to be alone than to be with others and still feel lonely.

Again not everyone is the same but at the end of the day, the only way you can be really and truly comfortable with yourself is to love you. I'm sure you've all seen dozens of posts taking about self love but it can never be overemphasized.

How do you feel or what thoughts come to mind when you look at yourself in a mirror?
 Because when all is said and done and you're on your own, how will you cope? Can you cope?

but I want you to know that 
Your are loved
You are important 
And you matter.
You are never truly alone
God is omnipresent 
He loves us
He loves you

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
( John 3:16 NIV)

Follow on FacebookInstagram 

12 comments:

  1. Just keep speaking. I'm sure people read and appreciate them. I appreciated the difference between alone and lonely long time when we were dating and my bf (now husband, lol) said even though he was alone (long distance) he was not lonely, because we kept in touch constantly!

    But personally, I agree that you can be in a crowd of people and still feel lonely! So it's important we love ourself and our own company.

    www.KacheeTee.com
    Staycaytion in Cornwall, England - So Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun, self love can definitely not be overempahsized

      Delete
  2. Sarah Speaks is without doubt my favourite segment on your blog! Don't you think for a second that it goes unappreciated. I love reading your thoughts, I can very often relate to them and other times they encourage & soothe me.
    I do love to just be with myself, not lonely, just alone. I also know the feeling of being alone in a group of people. Maybe it's my introvert nature, but I prefer to be with 1 or 2 people because it just feels like a more quality spent time to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow thanks hun, I'm glad you think this way. Yeah I do get what you mean.

      Delete
  3. Like you, I enjoy being by myself too. I love my family immensely and the amount of time I spend with them. But every few days, sometimes everyday, I really just crave that period of time I can spend by myself. It doesn't matter if I'm reading, or blogging, or watching a movie but that time is necessary for me to de-stress.

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the past I liked to be alone sometimes, but after I met my husband we always try to spend together as much time as it's possible.
    Btw. You look so cool and stylish on this picture!:)
    Have a nice weekend:)

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, didn't even know that you were married.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this post and I am so similar in some ways. I love my own company and appreciate it so much. Self-love is definitely something we all need to focus on so much. I really feel it is the answer to so many things.
    http://anicheberry.blogspot.co.za/2016/08/fabulously-pink.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like this post girl and yes self love is so important.

      Delete
  6. It happens to us all: being in the midst of a lot of people and feeling like the odd one out. I tell people that the best company is sometimes YOU! It's about simply enjoying yourself as this paves way for lesser pressure to fit in when you clearly don't and maintain overall sanity. Great piece. I'm looking forward to more Sarah Speaks.
    CherishExpress

    ReplyDelete