VINTAGE POLKA DOT DRESS

70s dress, polkadots, flare, zara, choies, vintage dress

70s dress, polkadots, flare, zara, choies, vintage dress

70s dress, polkadots, flare, zara, choies, vintage dress

70s dress, polkadots, flare, zara, choies, vintage dress
Photography by Beniboba 

Hey beautiful people, how are we all doing? How was your weekend?
Mine was cool, I went to see the Abritation featuring Ireti Doyle, OC Ukeje and Adesua Etomi and I have to say I was impressed. Because honestly, I gave up on our Nollywood movies ages ago but we have seriously gone a long way. While the movie was a bit boring,  the cinematography, screenplay and the styling of the actors and actresses was on point. So guys should definitely check it out and let me know you thoughts.

Anyways, I don't know if you guys have been staying up to date with the 2016 Rio Olympics, now I've been catching up with snippets online because well I'm a news person after all. So I was watching the 100 metre race, which Usain Bolt won for the third time in a row. Looking at the runners you would see that he didn't start first and initially he wasn't in the lead but he still won. This got me thinking about life, not everyone that starts first finishes first. So stop comparing your pace in life to that of others and stay in your lane. 

Now onto the outfit, we all know my love for anything vintage. In my post on a broke chics guide to staying fashionable, I mentioned tailored clothes as a way to kill it on a budget. Hence I purchased this polka-dot material sometime back and gave it to my tailor Cece who did justice to the design, remember she made this co-ord set as well. In total the dress cost about 3k, see my point! For styling, I just went for my Zara sandals and Choies shades. On a casual day, I went for my sneakers styled here and also my Gafa Sandals featured in this Post

Dress: Tailor made for 3k// Shoes: Zara // Shades: Choies
How would you style the dress differently?

Follow on FacebookInstagram 

16 comments:

  1. I love the vintage vibe..And the shoes too!
    Great post,,,Have a lovely week..xx

    www.lindasworldofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how the shoes tie in perfectly with the vintage dress. love your shades too.

    damiesdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tailor made this! Niceeeee. And I've heard the arbitration is really good, Hopefully it comes on Netflix so I can see it.

    KacheeTee.com
    6 Questions on our Igbo Yoruba Inter-Ethnic Marriage

    ReplyDelete
  4. This polka dress is the cutest! So fun and yet chic! I love it!
    Happy Monday, love!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dress!
    I love the polka dot detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all for tailored clothes, this is beautiful!!

    www.toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great dress :)
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG


    ReplyDelete
  8. you look gorg, love the polka vibes and that yes life isn't about starting first

    ReplyDelete
  9. You beautifully styled this dress . I certainly have been watching the Olympic Games too particularly Usain and Mo Farahs races lol and gymnastics .

    www.stephylately.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore polka dots dresses and this one suits you perfectly! Awesome sunglasses too:)

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! The quote about comparing yourself to others is so true even though it certainly didn't occur to me when I was watching the 100 metre race! I've been watching a lot of the Olympics and totally messing up my sleeping pattern haha.
    Also, I love the new blog design & the logo! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dress! You look so pretty!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having outfits tailor-made is a go to way to "get the look for less". Love, love, love the polka dot details. Are polka dots making a come back or they never left!

    http://www.diveintomauve.com/2016/08/common-fashion-misconceptions.html

    ReplyDelete