HOW TO STYLE THE DENIM TREND

by - 3:16:00 pm

denim skirt, dress shirt, kimono, chambray

Kimono shirt, denim, zara, cat eye frames

denim skirt, dress shirt, kimono, chambray

denim skirt, dress shirt, kimono, chambray

denim skirt, dress shirt, kimono, chambray

denim shirt, khaki, chambray shirt

denim skirt, dress shirt, kimono, chambray
Photography by A.A

Hey Beautiful people, hope we're all doing great and are in high spirits?

The other day, I sat down thinking and evaluating my progress this year as I marked my 22nd birthday, remember I listed out twenty two lessons learnt so far. And do you know I was so shocked to see that there were so many blessings and awesome things that I forgot to thank God for. It's funny, how we spend so much time complaining about the have nots that we forget about all the amazing things we have. We really need to pray and learn to have a heart of gratitude, contentment and praise (Psalm 103:2).

Now, I often get asked why I dont include male fashion on my blog. My response is always, well it's not my area of expertise or interest and I believe most of my readers are female anyways, shoutout to the few male readers and please say hi. Moving on, today I thought I'd partner with my colleague Daniel, to show you guys how to style denim for both male and female. 

Denim is one of those pieces that's is just so versatile. It can be dressed up or down and it works for all genders and age groups. As you can see we both went for a semi casual interpretation of the trend. While I opted for my Sheinside denim skirt styled here, Daniel went for a chambray shirt on top a khaki pair of trousers. I decided to keep things cool in a kimono skirt amd added a pair of cat eye frames to make things more interesting.

Skirt: Sheinside (sold out, similar) || Kimono shirt: Tailor made || Shoes: Zara || Cat eye frames: Street Buy

Now what's your go-to denim pairing?
And would you like to see more posts like this? 

See you next time!
Follow on FacebookInstagram 

You May Also Like

19 comments

  1. Nice one...love your sandals and that skirt.
    Your colleague is cute...

    Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt is so lovely, definitely wearing mine like this. Yes, your colleagues is cute.

    www.dleonalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both the outfits. Looking good!

    deffinatlyshaz.co.zw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you, September is also my birthday month, hehe. Anyways you are so lucky to receive so many blessings in your life from smallest to biggest cherish it and it will continue. I love your outfit so chic and it look so good on you. I love how you styled the denim skirt and layer it with white stripe cardigan. Amazing.

    www.itsbeyondimaginations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Ann, happy Belated birthday to you too, and God has been faithful.

      Delete
  5. Love the skirt!

    www.KacheeTee.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Kimono Shirt, I need pieces like that in my wardrobe.
    I think I need to set aside a day to go to the market to shop for fabric then drop them off at the tailor.

    Tuke's Quest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah girl that's a good idea. Tailors are just life savers, well that is when they are faithful.

      Delete
  7. The first picture be looking like pre wedding shoot lol. Love the kimono, i need to go and find a great tailor. You both look great, Daniel looks like he belongs in front of the camera.
    itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol girl no! Yes you need a good tailor. It took some time but I think he got it.

      Delete
  8. So cute. I can't wait to see more styling. BTW that guy be fine
    Fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to see more posts like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And my search for a denim button down shirt continues. I love this look.

    www.toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first time here and I must say, it was worth the time. Lovely outfits and an excellent camera work. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay we love new readers on here. Welcome, please keep on coming back. Thank you thank you and of course credits to my photographer.

      Delete
  12. That kimono is also nice :)

    www.oliviazjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That skirt! Absolutely beautiful.
    Denim is so versatile and it can be overwhelming to be honest.

    Lovely post! and yh more of denim, pleaseeeeee.

    https://lifestyleoforeoluwa.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol girl you just said denim is overwhelming but now you want more?

      Delete