5 QUICK WAYS TO UPGRADE AN OUTFIT

by - 7:38:00 am

Hey guys! 
Sometimes, when putting together outfits, all that is missing is just one piece or item to take your outfit from drab to fab or from just there to just wow. Today I'll be dishing 5 quick tips on how to incorporate basic items to take your outfit to the next level.

1. A statement Belt 
Sometimes all that's missing is a belt to just class up your outfit. Imagine this look without a belt, see what I mean. 

Statement belt, vintage shirt, lbd, black pencil dress

2.Chic Eyewear
A pair of nerd glasses, shades or cat eye frames can change the feel and vibe of a basic outfit. I think Grace of My Style Diary does a great job with this.

Culottes, vintage, mustard

3. Scarfs
Scarfs are probably one of the most underated items when it comes to spicing up an outfit. I mean it can be used as a belt, top, head tie and bag accesory. Need I say more, I talked all about them in my how to style scarfs post.
Scarfs, tips, head wrap, high waist trousers

4. Bold lip
Sometimes all you need is that bold lip to add fire to an outfit and give it something more.
Stripes, bold lip, blue, beyond beauty
Photography by Mide Coker

5. Shoes.
My girl Sogie of  Its Diva Diaries likes to say shoes speak before eyes and I'd have to agree. Sometimes the missing link in the outfit is a statement pair or shoes and it doesn't always have to be heels.

Summer sandals,white, summer shoes

That's it guys, now imagine an outfit that incorporates most of these tips, dope right!
Are you still unsure? Then checkout 8 quick ways to spice up an outfit

How do you take your outfit to another level? Would you like more posts like this?

You May Also Like

9 comments

  1. You are right...
    I use all 5 , but the bold lip is my favorite this days...
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite agree with all of the different ways you mentioned. Hmm, how do I "up" my outfits? Maybe not lipstick, but hairstyle? Does that count?

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that definitely counts as different hairdos suit different outfits

      Delete
  3. Totally agree with them all, lets not forget hats and bandanas also.
    Scarfs are definitely underrated and they can do so much.
    Thanks for the mention girl.
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to use brooches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good one, also underated as well.

      Delete
  5. I'm planning to start using scarves too. I love the first picture up there. Yes to more posts like this.
    www.laitanbee.com
    LIFE | HELLO OCTOBER

    ReplyDelete