SAMMYDRESS FLORAL BLOUSE

Floral,  embroidery,  high waist trousers,  vintage , flower print

Floral,  embroidery,  high waist trousers,  vintage , flower print

Sammydress,  color block,  cross body bag

Floral,  embroidery,  high waist trousers,  vintage , flower print

Floral,  embroidery,  high waist trousers,  vintage , flower print

Floral,  embroidery,  high waist trousers,  vintage , flower print

Floral,  embroidery,  high waist trousers,  vintage , flower print
Photography by Beniboba

Hey you guys! How are we all doing?
 So I've been learning how to drive and so far, so good.  Although the other day,  I decided to drive home from church on our beautiful Abuja satellite town roads . It was going great at first but then I ran into the bushes on the side of the road and got stuck.  But hey that's not going to stop me,  I must learn how to drive.  I'm not trying to trekk or chill in public transportation when there is something I can do about it. So this got me thinking about how life teaches us certain lessons about living in general.

Though I made a mistake yesterday and got stuck, I'm going to keep trying.  Through my mistake I learned something new. Albert Enintein said it best " a person who hasn't made a mistake hasn't tried anything new". I believe life is all about consistency and learning from our mistakes, don't you?

Moving on to the outfit, I received this lovely white floral blouse from Sammydress and for someone who shyies away from floral prints due to the overly girly effect,  I love the floral print embroidery and think it spices up the basic white shirt.  The blouse cost $16.69 and I'm so impressed with the quality, I went down a size to get a smaller fit.

For styling, I went casual with my burgundy trousers styled in my collaboration with Deemako here and Vintage Closet Naija  here.  And can we also talk about this cross body bag,  which costs only $11.41 and I've been wearing it everywhere. I just wish it was bigger though.

Blouse: Sammydress HERE || Bag: Sammydress HERE || Trousers, Shoes: Vintage 
Perhaps next time,  I'd opt for an all white look or style the blouse with jeans. How would you style the blouse differently?

Talk to me on any of my handles 

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your driving. I am sure you will soon be cruising in the streets of Nigerian without much difficult. That bag is really cute and I love how you styled your top. I would add a twist to this look by adding a pair of heeled sandals.

    Stay blessed,

    Stephy.

    www.stephylately.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, that's the plan. I like your suggestion. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Love the shirt. Its really pretty and feminine(I might just come borrowing, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,thats OK girl just as long as I can borrow items from your closet too.

      Delete
  3. The bag is super cute. Like so so cute. Love the look, I'm coming for your pants
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur with Stephlately it is indeed a milestone to be driving. At first it may feel like its difficult but you will be perfect in no time. We all started there.
    By the way that shirt is too gorgeous.
    www.sindisosdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Sindiso.

      Delete
  5. The embroidery on your top is lovely, and I like it knotted with the high waisted pants!

    Your driving accident sounds scary but it's great you're still continuing to drive and there wasn't any damage :)

    Hope you're having a good week :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mica, the embroidery is actually what drew my attention to the blouse. And trust me the accident is not as scary as it sounds.

      Delete
  6. These photos are so nice. They look different from the regular. Brighter kind of. Anyway, love your hair and the look. The pants look so free and comfy! Arrgh, driving can be a pain to learn. Trying to get my UK license as well. Pretty tough! All the best.

    www.KacheeTee.com || Bloglovin'!
    WorkCation - 7 Fun Days in Malaysia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kachee, credits to the photographer.Good luck getting your license girl.

      Delete
  7. Gosh, I envy your determination. Personally,I have been so scared of driving yet I have had my license for two years now..God help me..sigh :-(
    Looking lovely as always..I especially love the pants and the bag..Too gorge!

    www.lindasworldofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May the Lord help you. I've not been driving for long but I'll say it takes a lot of courage.

      Delete
  8. Totally love everything about this look. The colors too you're totally representing this fall 🍁 😍. And that bag, Ohh! That bag ✨ totally wish I could still this look from you. I see myself wearing this with jeans or tucked into a pencil skirt. Great post 👍 All the best in your driving 🚘 lessons 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all the love always and your wish just might come true. I like your suggestion, perhaps next time I'll pair it with jeans.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful look.
    http://www.thestylegalaxy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely look! Pretty!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look is so perfect. Head to toe. <3 Beautiful vintage vibe!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute top.
    It's pretty similar to the one in Cassie's latest post and it's given me vintage vibes too.

    Tuke's Quest

    ReplyDelete