THE POLKADOT TREND + PENCIL SKIRT

by - 12:43:00 pm

polkadots, orange, midi skirt, bodycon,pencil skirt
polkadots, orange, midi skirt, bodycon,pencil skirt

 When I was younger I had my life all planned out. While I wasn’t exactly sure of what I was going to be when I grew up, I just knew that I would do something great. The plan was to grow up fast, finish school, get a dope job, make money, get married and then live happily after.

Looking back now, boy was I silly and a little bit delusional. It’s funny how our plans don’t always turn out the way we expect. And with every year, I am reminded that not having everything figured out is okay. After all, if we knew all the turns and bends of life where the fun would be and what reason would we even have to rely on God.

So I may not have everything all figured out but every day I get closer to discovering my purpose and I think that’s what matters in Life. We don’t necessarily have to have everything all figured out, we just need to make the move, progress and trust as we remember what the  bible says in Jeremiah 29:11 and Romans 8:28. Let us learn to trust a little bit more don’t you think?

polkadots, orange, midi skirt, bodycon,pencil skirt
 polkadots, orange, midi skirt, bodycon,pencil skirt, Polkadot trend

Moving on to today’s outfit, I am one to shy away from polka dot prints and body-con skirts as you may have noticed. However, in the spirit of stepping out of comfort zones I thought why not give the polka dots trend a try. This top is actually from my store The Vintage Connection Ng, what attracted me to this blouse was the rustic colour and I love how it pairs with this orange midi pencil skirt previously styled herehere and here. I’ve actually decided to keep this top for myself as this would be such a versatile piece in my wardrobe.

polkadots, orange, midi skirt, bodycon,pencil skirt
polkadots, orange, midi skirt, bodycon,pencil skirt
polkadots, orange, midi skirt, bodycon,pencil skirt
 Photography by Victor Audu

This polka dot top is in line with my style resolutions for 2017and I can also think of three other ways of styling this top, I could pair it with this purple polka dot pleated skirt styled here or maybe with these burgundy trousers styled here and here. I could go on and on guys, look book anyone?

Top: The Vintage Connection Ng  || Skirt: Bangkok || Shoes: Zara || Belt: Thrift || Shades: Street Buy

Just a quick update, blogposts will now be thrice a week. Mondays will feature an outfit post, wednesdays will feature an inspiration style post while Friday's will be for Sarah Speaks, lifestyle and travel posts. Be sure to subscribe to my mailing list so you do not miss out.

Looking for more inspiration on how to rock polka-dots, see this post and this one too. How would you style this top differently? Would you like to see a look-book featuring this top?

Stay in touch 

You May Also Like

26 comments

  1. I gave away my red skirt.. Same length😖😖 and now i want it back because you look so lovely in that outfit!
    Loved reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol girl, I feel that way a lot too, so I can totally relate. Thank you

      Delete
  2. Coming to think of it , I used to think I would be a paediatrician, I absolutely loved working with children but at some point in my life , I thought nahhh. That ain't my passion and now I am pursing a totally different career . It's crazy lol. Btw I love your outfit . You look lovely .x

    www.stephylately.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Stephy it is crazy indeed. I remember I wanted to be a teacher until mom told me that they dont get paid well. Thank you for stopping by dear.

      Delete
    2. Haha omg I wanted to be a teacher as a kid as well. I got to live my "dream" during my NYSC year but that was definitely the end of it

      www.adabeauty.com.ng

      Delete
    3. Lol Ada, it must have not been a pleasurable experience.

      Delete
  3. I'm totally loving the polka dot trend on you! Very lovely ensemble and you paired it well with the skirt. I have to admit that during my morning devotion, and now when I read your blog, that Jeremiah 29:11 has been a common verse that keeps popping up. Whether it be during devotion, on my IG timeline, your blog and on Facebook. I'm definitely gonna hang on to it because God knows my plans are NOT working out as I'd planned. Thanks for the inspiration and for continuing to share your personal style. Oh and sorry that I basically wrote a book here...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, I'm loving the trend too. That verse always pops up for me too, when I'm unsure of the future, I just remember and mediate on the verse. I'm glad you were inspired and lol no worries, we love comments as long as books. After all the post is long in itself.

      Delete
  4. What a great outfit you look beautiful! J'adore
    come to check out my blog as well. Gros bisous
    http://gallech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love polka dots and this looks so good on you
    I like the way you added the belt to the look , makes it look well balanced!
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I initally had second thought about the belt too but I loved the balance as well. Thank you Khadijah

      Delete
  6. I hope am not the only one in love with that sandals.Your outfit is well put together and as a big lover of anything bodycon,I totally love this.
    Meanwhile,I wanted to be a doctor but when I think about it now,I just laugh at myself for even thinking that. I know where my passion lies and I can't wait to show the world how awesome it is.

    STYLEBYENKAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl thanks so much. I laugh at some of my childhood aspirations. Thank God we are slowly discovering our lives purpose

      Delete
  7. Lol! funny how I thought I'd be a lawyer some day...This outfit reminds me of the first time I stumbled on your blog about 2 years ago. I just love how well put together your outfits are and this is no exception. Gorgeous!

    Evita In Progress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I would have almost been a lawyer, Dad kept drilling into my head. But Im thankful he let that go when I made up my mind. Thanks Evita, I wonder what outfit that was from two years ago.

      Delete
  8. I like your outfit, it's looking so good with this color. It's really hard to combine the polka-dots, especially if it with so bright color, but your outfit looks so cute and comfortable for you.

    Have a nice day.
    Julia x
    Shine of Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed hun, styling polkadots in bright colours can be a bit of a challenge so thank you for the compliment.

      Delete
  9. With the way the world is right now sincerely it's Jeremiah 29:11 that keeps me going. I really love your outfit, everything about it, the heels, the skirt (which i didn't notice it was orange until I read you mention it) it looks red to me and it works well with the polka dot shirt. I do have a polka dot shirt, maybe it's time to experiment on it. Your outfit can also go for a Val Inspired outfit for those who celebrate it. Do have a great week dear.


    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah girl the world is not encouraging at all these days so we've got to hold fast to God's word. Thank you and yeah the skirt is actually orange but for some reason it always comes out looking red in pictures. And now that you mention it yeah I agree this look would work for valentines day. Have a great week too.

      Delete
  10. Yes to d look book, u look great by d way. Bin seeing a lot of orange lately, not a fan of d colour, maybe i shud try owing a piece in dat colour as per leaving d comfort zone, who shys away from polka dots? I think they're a great invention to d prints world lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lookbook it is then, hopefully it comes out as expected. And you should definitely try owning an orange piece, let’s leave those comfort zones hun. And just like you shy away from orange I shy away from polka dots as it can be quite tricky to style.

      Delete
  11. Love the colors and I love polka.
    www.pagesbybukky.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM to the outfit and the paring.

    FOODIES: www.tastiedine.com

    ReplyDelete