THE CORSET TREND: ARE YOU A FAN?

by - 3:37:00 pm

Hey you guys! Happy New month! I’m excited for what the month of March has  in store for us all. February was a good one for me and I’m thinking I might just get around to writing a life lately/taking stock post, would you guys like to see that?

corset trend, 2017 fashion trends, 80s trend

Now if you’re in the fashion world like me or just someone who likes to stalk people on Instagram then you would know that the corset trend is gradually taking the fashion world by storm. This is no surprise really, as in 2016 styling inner wear as outer wear was big with trends like the intimates’ trend, pyjama trend and the silk dress trend which I talked all about in recap of 2016 trends here

Now the corset trend, which has been around since the early 1800’s can be quite risqué. If not worn or styled properly the corset trend can make you look quite questionable.  Now as an advocate of all things modest, I can’t say I’m a big fan of this trend. However this trend can definitely be rocked without drawing too many questionable looks. So how can you rock the corset trend and still look presentable?  I've got you covered in the four tips below

Tip 1.
Pair your corset over a white shirt to tone down the sexiness. With this option you can opt for a basic white, plaid or denim shirt even.

corset trend, 2017 fashion trends, 80s trend

Tip 2.
 Opt for a blazer to instantly dress the look up and cover up some skin.

corset trend, 2017 fashion trends, 80s trend, monochrome, white blazer
corset trend, 2017 fashion trends, 80s trend

Tip 3. 
Go for less inner-wear looking tops just like how Mirror Me rocked the printed pair.
corset trend, 2017 fashion trends, 80s trend, caged booties

Tip 4
Opt for a corset belt top rather than a bustier or bra corset.
corset trend, 2017 fashion trends, 80s trend
 Jadore fashion

Hope you found these tips helpful. Have an awesome month beautiful people.

What are your thoughts on this trend? Yay or Nay? Will you be rocking this trend?

Let’s stay in touch guys
FacebookTwitterInstagram
Google+Bloglovin


You May Also Like

11 comments

  1. Wendy's lookbook is my favourite. Love it! I'm actually indifferent to the corset trend. As far as it's modestly styled. I'd like to see you style it tho. Waiting for that post. And yess to taking stock.
    Life Diary||February
    Www.laitanbee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy's look is one of my favourites too, got to love her edgy style. Lol I'd probably not rock this trend though, where would I be going to, is it church or work? Though if I were going to try this trend, I'd opt for something like J'adores look.

      Delete
  2. I don't really like the trend, thought we left it in 2016?? Lol but I prefer the corset belt to the whole corset styling. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, I'm not a big fan either and yup I prefer the belt too.

      Delete
  3. Sarah I'm a fan of the corset trend as well and I like how Wendy's lookbook and whowhatfab styled theirs.great post btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually not a fan but I love Wendy's look and Whowhatfab did a great job of classing up the trend.

      Delete
  4. i like the corset brand but i ve never tried it) I think you inspered me to try it) thanks, nice post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually not a fan lol but I thought I'd still do a post on it. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Gawsh I did so much of it in my college days - early 2000's. Wouldn't try it now.

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I guess trends change with people. I did so many things back the that I definitely would not do again right now.

      Delete

Follow