SHIFT DRESS FOR SUMMER

by - 12:09:00 pm


Hey Beautiful people!
So it’s not exactly Wednesday as promised but better late than never right?
Moving on, have you ever felt that you were not good enough? You wanted to do something so bad but you knew you didn’t meet all the requirements or perhaps you didn’t have all the tools you needed. You know that feeling of not being qualified? Now I've been there several times and it sucks when uncertainty or self-doubt holds one back from pursing a goal. 

Now after mediating and looking through the bible, I've realised the God is not looking for the qualified. All he’s looking for is a willing heart. King Saul of the bible was from the smallest tribe in Israel, King David was the youngest and least regarded, Joshua was a coward, Deborah, the warrior was a woman, Queen Esther was a Jew but yet God used them to do great things. So you see, it's not what you can do but what God can do through you. God qualifies the unqualified for his purpose, so yes you are good enough and can be even better, only if you're willing to be led. Are you willing?

Photography by Ruth Audu

Today's outfit is remix of the Lavince shift dress/top styled in the look book earlier this week. As mentioned in my last post featuring a shift dress (here), I find shift dresses to be the mostly flattering dress for the different body types.


In styling, I simply paired it with my Gafa sandals previously styled here and here. I love these sandals but I find them quite tricky to style as I feel it only really works with shorter items which I rarely ever wear. I was able to make it work with a midi skirt in the past (here).  

If interested, you can get a 10% discount on this Lavince dress and any other purchase by simply saying Princess Audu sent you. 

Shift Dress: Lavince Here || Sandals: Gafasandals || Necklace: H&M

How do you like to style your gladiator sandals? Where would you rock this look to? How would you style this dress differently? 

See you tomorrow for Sarah Speaks!
Talk to me on
Link up at Rachelthehat

You May Also Like

12 comments

  1. im in love with your blog!
    ive been reading your blog posts to gain tips for mine
    you are an inspiration
    love your style too
    ive recent started blogging too
    you can have a look here : www.rigaonlinne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Riga, thanks so much. It means a lot

      Delete
  2. I see you did something new with your hair
    Very nice!!!
    And the dress is definitely a win..love it

    Stylebyenkay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah girl, will be back to braids very soon but thank you

      Delete
  3. I cant really say that i have ever owned a gladiator sandal (i have a thing about showing my feet, but we slowly getting there lol) , but i probably will style it the same way you did.

    BeUtfull

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol girl, its good your slowly getting there. And thankyou

      Delete
  4. I love the dress and its color. It really suits you. I'm not such a big fan of gladiators, but I appreciate them on others.

    You're so right. You might be waiting to be qualified or perfect for God to use you, but the only perfect person God used was Jesus, simple and short. Everyone else had flaws, even in the midst of all the greatness they became or achieved.

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colour and its totally understanable, there are certain trends that I appreciate on others but doont like myself. Thank you for reading the full post, there you said it the only perfect person was Jesus.

      Delete
  5. Great post, amazing outfit, I love it. Thank you for sharing, you look gorgeous!!!

    xxx

    www.modelonamission.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is totally on point Sarah. The sandals give it subtle sophistication.

    www.tlmurban.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much MJ, we have got to push our made in Nigeria products.

      Delete