INSPIRATION: HOW TO STYLE MIDI SKIRTS, PLEATS

by - 9:00:00 am


 Hey beautiful people! 
How's everybody doing? 
As an advocate for modest and comfortable fashion I tend to gravitate towards longer and less fitted pieces hence my obsession with midi skirts. Especially skater and pleated skirts.

I like the no stress factor with skater skirts simply because they are flattering on most body types, you don't have to worry about panty lines, it offers you comfort and it can easily be taken from work, to church to every day errands.

And we all know pleats are one of the hottest trends this season. Hence looking back at my style posts, I thought I'd do a compilation of some of my favourite ways that I've rocked this staple.

1. Monochromatic

 Here

I love the idea of working with neutral colours mostly. And whether sticking to one colour palette or pairing black and white together, we all know it never fails.

 Here

2. Mixed prints
For those brave enough, mixing prints is one way to spice up what would be an otherwise predictable or boring piece. If you're still unsure of how to, then  my guide on mixing prints has got you covered.

Related: 5 Easy Ways to Mix Prints 

 Here
 Here

3. Ankara/African prints
Now while it might be true that we Africans borrowed Ankara prints from the Dutch, it is also true that we have taken it over and we sure do own it now. I love making skater skirts with Ankara, stay tuned for a basic tutorial.

Related: 5 African Print Styles to Try

 Here

4.Prints
Prints just make everything more fun and interesting so rather then stick to plain skirts why not opt for printed ones.

 Here

 Here

5. Sneaker up
Last but not least, one of my favourite ways to style midi skirts especially for everyday errands is with sneakers. I feel like opting for sneakers in most outfits instantly makes one look out of the box stylish and trendy, what do you think? 


What is one closet staple that your obsessed with? How do you like to style your midi skirts/skater skirts? What was you're favourite look?

Have an awesome week guys! 

Talk to me

You May Also Like

20 comments

  1. It's amazing how modest can also be chic and sexy. I love outfit 2,3,4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Modest can definitely be sexy too. Thank you

      Delete
  2. i like to think of women of God as dressing chic and Godly. I am not a big fan of describing our style as "sexy", as it seems to conform to worldly vanity...

    but i like how you style these skirts. I find midi Skater and A-line skirts quite tricky to style. so I'll definitely be borrowing some ideas from you.

    PS: Love your pink outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually see what you mean Ada, I've never actually thought of it that way but you do have a point. The use of the term sexy might convey the wrong message as a person or lady dressing to seduce of entice the opposite sex. Thank you so much for stopping by, and midi skaters are definitely easy to style, I hope you found this helpful.

      Delete

  3. OMG!!
    I love themall...#modestyisthenewsexy
    Good job sarahπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Modest is indeed the new way, thank you.

      Delete
  4. I also like this kind of skirts and these outfits are fabulous! My favorite are second, fourth and fifth, but in all of them you look gorgeous!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, gotta love midi skirts. Thanks so much girl, those are some of my favourites too.

      Delete
  5. I like the monochrome looks. Particularly, the black one. They all look good! I like pleats a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monochrome never fails. Thank you, pleats are awesome as well.

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love these midi skirts that you styled , it gives every outfit a vintage look :)

    lifeofacameo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I agree with that as most outfits here were not vintage inspired but thanks hun.

      Delete
  7. Girl you have so many skirts, yes compared to the skirts i've this is a lot lol.
    One thing i love bout midi skirts is that it flatters any body shape and size, looks good on everyone honestly.
    Ankara is dutch word? Wawu!!
    love all the looks can't pick one
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol when you love something like I do, it can't be helped. I love midi skirts too because they work for all body types. As for Ankara being a Dutch word, I'm not sure. I have to check but I know that we took over the prints from the. Thanks for stopping by, glad you could finally comment.

      Delete
  8. You actually do have a lot of skirts like Sogie said!! You're the queen of midi skirts so yes we'll be taking lessons from you! I love the polka dot print mix a lot! You styled each look so well

    toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't say I'm the Queen but yeah I love my midi skirts so I stock as much as I can. Thank you for the compliment and for commenting.

      Delete
  9. I have so many favorites from these looks, can't even decide on just one favorite. You sure do know how to slay your skirts! Taking notes - midi 101 by Sarah A.
    Modavracha | Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol girl, I like that title. Thank you

      Delete
  10. My favorites are number the number 4's your style is so effortless and chic. And i thought it was going to be the belt lol. I want to be like you when i grow up oo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol most people thought that, I will be tho, very soon. Thanks Salmah

      Delete